Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

An oft-repeated and very common mistake.

You do know that repeating this obvious untruth a lot of times does not miraculously make it true, don't you?

Wow

17 hours ago, manorpark said:

GB News are great, they are actually British, they are not just London.

Their viewing figures are often higher than the other two UK News Channels, despite what other mainstream media outlets say.

Roll on Tuesday !!

If anyone was still on your side, you've just lost them. GB News? Absurd.

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

I always find it interesting to read posts like this.

You have my sympathy, but you are not alone.

The overall decline in human perceptions and understanding of the world around them is becoming more and more out of control. The easiest illustration of this can be seen in the USA, where a large percentage of the population have officially re-located to a different planet.

Anyway, this discussion is off-topic for this thread, so I think we should leave it there and go back to the subject of our Takeover.

You think GB News is a credible news channel.....and I am the one with no perception and understanding of the world??

Fucking hell pal, surely you're not being serious? 🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

Biggest wum on here. Said it for months. Gets away with it coz he’s ‘positive’ and it’s what people want to hear

He obviously hasn't wound you up at all has he? [emoji38]

Calm down!

12 minutes ago, Scoot said:

He obviously hasn't wound you up at all has he? [emoji38]

Calm down!

Perfectly calm. Is this the in thing these days? Make out a comment is more angry that it actually is? There wasn’t even any swearing and I’m Scottish :lol:

I think his defence of GB news is hillarious :lol:

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Biggest wum on here. Said it for months. Gets away with it coz he’s ‘positive’ and it’s what people want to hear

Not at all positive, just basic, obvious and common sense(ical) if that's a word! And - of course - logical.

Take the GB News bs to the Positive Thread. You can be all positive about them as much as you'd like there. Absolutely crazy stuff calling them great.

Equivalent of calling Steve Bruce great.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Take the GB News bs to the Positive Thread. You can be all positive about them as much as you'd like there. Absolutely crazy stuff calling them great.

Equivalent of calling Steve Bruce great.

Er, sorry, the exact opposite of T H A T . . . wash your mouth out!!!

GB news so powerful in outing the stupid and the intolerant. Seems we've caught another one. When someone professes their support for it, it really is a massive red flag about them as a human being.

Just a hive of Brexity, racist, anti-mask, intolerant dickheads. 

In the letter, which is likely to be released more widely later on Sunday, Ms Staveley criticised the use of confidential arbitration processes to resolve disputes within football before adding: "One might justifiably ask why that model is so favoured by those responsible for regulating the sport if they have nothing to hide."

Ms Staveley's letter to Ms Crouch, the former sports minister, contains her most outspoken comments so far about her proposed takeover.

In it, she wrote: "Fans surely deserve absolute transparency from the regulators across all their processes - to best ensure that they act responsibly.

"They are performing a function like that of a government regulator - but without the same systems for accountability."

Ms Staveley said that there was now "a chance for those involved [in the Newcastle United bid] to be seen to take a robust stance - just as the government so decisively and effectively stepped into the European Super League debacle".

"But there is real urgency - given the NUFC arbitration hearing is due to take place this month," she told Ms Crouch.

"We need intervention immediately to force the issue out into the open.

"It is my view that it is likely that that would be enough to make those involved behave more responsibly and signal the government's intention to take effective action in the interests of the country.

Edited by nbthree3

We'll see what comes of the rest of the letter later to judge its impact! Jamie Reuben's in favour of the letter too

"The consortium, which also includes the wealthy businessman Jamie Reuben, has maintained its interest in a deal, however.

Mr Reuben is understood to be supportive of Ms Staveley's letter."

Just now, Yorkie said:

Staveley getting involved now kinda dispels any suggestion that it's just Mike out for compo. 

Is she not poised to lose her deposit if it fails? £17m or something? Honestly can't remember. 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Is she not poised to lose her deposit if it fails? £17m or something? Honestly can't remember. 

I thought that was already history?