Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Haven’t followed this but if the buyers are confident of a positive outcome of the arbitration, why push for a public and transparent process now?

As far as I can make out. It would speed things along. As of now the PL are still delaying and their is still no date set for arbitration

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

I doubt they will too, but you have got to wonder why they are so desperate to keep it private. This is probably their last big chance to do something to say 'look, we are open and transparent' before the review reports and they potentially end up with a regulator overseeing them.

Doing that now won't have the slightest impact on the review and they know it.  Absolutely nothing in it for them

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Could make the PL cave quicker? Get the sale done before the new season and make signings etc? Who knows.

Possibly. It could also mean that they’re NOT confident regarding the arbitration.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

As far as I can make out. It would speed things along. As of now the PL are still delaying and their is still no date set for arbitration

Was wondering about this today - who are they delaying with, independent arbitrators?  Surely to fuck if they're independent and transparent themselves there should be a very clear timeline :lol:

Just now, Collage said:

Possibly. It could also mean that they’re NOT confident regarding the arbitration.

This is my view too. Because they know they can't depend on the jury to be fair. Because they all are corrupt.

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think that’s making an awful lot of presumptions about the level of their involvement. We assume we could be Man City version 2, they might not take that approach at all. PIF might just want to improve things a certain amount and then sell their 280-300m investment for 600 million in a few years time. We just don’t know that. 

They will certainly want to compete with Qatar and Abu Dhabi. This can't happen without huge investment in playing staff.

It's quite possible that Staveley and the club wrote to Crouch simply to make an impression on her, with the message being "remember all of this shit when you come to do your review later this year". Simply another way of nudging the PL by saying "your not getting away with this and you are going to pay a price for it".

That's why it has made no sense to think they could get the terms of the arb changed at the last moment. This is just more gesturing ahead of the event.

6 minutes ago, Collage said:

Haven’t followed this but if the buyers are confident of a positive outcome of the arbitration, why push for a public and transparent process now?

Being confident isn't enough, it's a process you're not in control of.

If the chance of success is 90% (not for one moment saying it is) then that's still a 10% chance of failure. And doing other things now like this doesn't reduce that 90%, it just gives us an additional avenue to pursue to avoid risking that 10% coming in to play.

That said I don't see how we can bully the PL into letting us have the takeover. They're far more likely to just double-down.

6 minutes ago, Collage said:

Yeah agree, could be that too. I find it hard to read too much into things either way. 

Is the arbitration absolute and final?  Is this laying the groundwork for them to appeal to a higher body (Sport Arbitration Court..?) because they're sure the whole thing is bent, something like that?  

Is there anywhere they could feasibly go?  No idea.

PIF obviously want the takeover to happen as soon as possible hence the turning of the screw.

The PL want to delay as much as possible as per the old saying, 'why do today if tomorrow will improve the odds'.

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell, that’s rich coming from Chump Edwards about the proposed takeover doing strange things to people. It’s made him go full out weird cunt.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Hhtoon said:

Staveley might have wanted to check she was contacting the right person if she was doing it so publicly [emoji38]

Tracey was more of a Cc jobby

I’d bet the letters went to them all