Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

:lol:

Again, which begs the question...why did Staveley and co write to her? Surely De Marco and co were behind it too? It can only have been about raising the profile of the case and a spot of posturing before it starts.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

PL have been granted more time to challenge jurisdiction of the CAT case.

Which also confirms Liam Kennedy was guessing when he released that article saying their challenge had been rejected.

Where is this info from ? 

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Where is this info from ? 

“I am satisfied that the requested short extension of seven days will not prejudice the listing of the hearing of the Jurisdiction Application and is reasonable given the concurrent demands on the Defendant in preparing for the arbitration proceedings.”

I think it's just the reply to Ashley they're seeking an extension for.

"AND UPON the Claimant filing its evidence in response to the Jurisdiction Application on 28 June 2021

AND UPON the Defendant’s application by letter dated 30 June 2021 requesting a extension of time for the filing and service of its evidence in reply"

5 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

“I am satisfied that the requested short extension of seven days will not prejudice the listing of the hearing of the Jurisdiction Application and is reasonable given the concurrent demands on the Defendant in preparing for the arbitration proceedings.”

I thought the judge was deciding on whether to have a public hearing or a private hearing? Now we find out the PL still haven't even filed their evidence to have it thrown out. Ffs

Edited by Scoot

I dont get it. They filed their evidence on June 28th. Then asked for another extension for the "filing and service" of its evidence on June 30th. What the hell does that even mean?

1 hour ago, veriaqa said:

This is my view too. Because they know they can't depend on the jury to be fair. Because they all are corrupt.

Shut up veriaqa :lol:

Basing your view of the British legal system on a comment made on this board and constantly repeating it is next level dullness 

Yes so the jurisdiction issue hasn’t even been heard yet. That sort of conflicts with the club statement that said they were trying to move it behind closed doors?

If that statement was written or at least approved by their legal team, you’d have to worry about the rest of the case 😔

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I dont get it. They filed their evidence on June 28th. Then asked for another extension for the "filing and service" of its evidence on June 30th. What the hell does that even mean?

How do we know they filed their evidence? Because a journo posted it on Twitter?

If this process has taught us anything is that they know fuck all when it comes to this. The only difference between them and us is that they are getting paid to speculate on all this bollocks

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

PL filed its application on the 11th.

St James Holdings filed its response to the PL's application on the 28th.

PL has received an extension of time to reply to St James Holdings' response.

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

How do we know they filed their evidence? Because a journo posted it on Twitter?

If this process has taught us anything is that they know fuck all when it comes to this. The only difference between them and us is that they are getting paid to speculate on all this bollocks

"AND UPON the Claimant filing its evidence in response to the Jurisdiction Application on 28 June 2021"

That's what it says in the update. 

Edited by Wandy

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

"AND UPON the Claimant filing its evidence in response to the Jurisdiction Application on 28 June 2021"

That's what it says in the update. 

Claimant or defendant? 

Just now, Scoot said:

I just don't fucking understand any of it 

The delay makes sense. Newcastle sent evidence against the PL having it overturned. The PL now get extra time to submit their own evidence in reply to that.

3 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

St James Holdings is claimant

PL is defendant

So the PL didnt actually meet the deadline of the 28th did they? They applied for an extension two days late.

We submitted evidence contesting the Premier League's jurisdiction claim. The Premier League would usually have 1 week to reply but they wanted an additional week which they've been given to respond to Ashley's counterclaim. Both claims get heard at a hearing later 

I'll be honest I can understand why Mashley and Staveley are going public again.

I know there is a process, and I'm sure this is just how they play out, but it's just ridiculous really isn't it?

All this for a takeover, of which the PL seemingly acted out of the norm and yet us the fans, potentially the city, are being dicked about something rotten.

Club is at a crossroads and if this doesn't happen, I'd imagine that life support can be turned off.