Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

What happened to that NDA that prevented her from speaking about Newcastle in the public? 

What they going to do, reject the takeover? Guess she’s had enough of having to abide by their rules. Good, if it’s to go down let’s go down in flames tearing chunks out of these cunts and everything they stand for. I’d rather see the club fold and sjp flattened for student digs over this limbo as long as the premier league is demolished with us.

It's great the consortium are being as open as they can. Compared to Ashley and the Premier League (if you say nothing you can't do much wrong aside from maybe presumptive guilt) it's night and day. Definitely a pressure tactic ahead of private arbitration, I don't see the league budging on that. Hopefully it opens up fresh and urgent discussions over football governance - and potentially wider than football one day - for anything moving forward

4 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I hope i'm wrong, and obv don't have a clue anyway, but all this is makong me feel less confident for some reason.

All of this will have been orchestrated to ramp the pressure up at just the right time. There was no point doing any of this months before anything was due to happen. Whether it works or not is anybody’s guess but I somehow doubt this has been a spur of the moment thing

Weren't we always told the public slinging would start to ramp up close to the start of CAT case?

It's nice to hear someone who is involved telling it like it is. The PL with their "no comment" is infuriating abd makes you think they're guilty.

But they probably just want this all done under wraps. No way the PL, or the people who are really running the PL want the government or others poking their noses in.

Guest reefatoon

Speaking in public is great signs. They are ramping up the pressure where this can’t just be hidden away quietly. The premier league are not going to be enjoying this at all.

David Craig is very much Ashley's man and the only one he speaks to voluntarily, whenever he's got something to push, so it's clear that buyers and sellers are colluding in all this. Not that that should be any great surprise. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

The only other time they have spoken in public is when they pulled out. It’s clearly not a good sign them speaking out now.

As far as I am aware, Staveley was never seen on TV speaking about it at all last year. This feels different.

Guest reefatoon

The only other time they have spoken in public is when they pulled out. It’s clearly not a good sign them speaking out now.

it’s not clear at all as not everyone is thinking that way.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That's a fair point but the context is quite different. 

My theory all along is that they're trying to manifest as unpleasant an environment as possible for the PL to force them into promptly settling. You might say "if they're so confident why do they need to go to these lengths?" but it's conceivable imo that this is their strategy, rather than an unplanned throw of the dice. They knew there'd be a fight. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think it is a good thing. Clearly the EPL want to keep their dirty washing private whereas those associated with NUFC think transparency and rules will see them win. Ashley / Consortium are racking up the pressure on the judiciary but also putting a marker down that winning means a new form of EPL.

But she's all but confirming that they are still interested in buying the club, surely that's good news.