Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Parts of this looks like good news, yet I get the vibe that they're starting to worry about this failing.

Absolutely agree. If you are so confident, what need is there to start a media offensive?

Its more than likely a coordinated strategy they've had planned for a while, to pile public and political pressure on the PL prior to arbitration.  I fully expect the PL to leak some dirt to try and undermine them too. Its neither good nor bad, just a bit of public cat and mouse before things kick off.

We have known for months that they aren't happy with the arbitration panel. This feels to me like a message to those on the panel themselves.

I still don't understand why they have left it so long to suggest that the arbitration be played out in public. I'm guessing it's because they know that has no chance of happening so, at the very least, start venting about it just as the process is about to begin to apply scrutiny to the panel.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, STM said:

Absolutely agree. If you are so confident, what need is there to start a media offensive?

It’s all coordinated pressure. It’s not a sign of weakness. We have been wanting to get some solid information for months, they are now starting to talk, pile the pressure on and let us fans know they are still there. I personally think it’s a great move.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Because all that is happening is the PL keep trying to kick the can down the road. I’ll twist it round and say if the Premier League are so confident, then why do they keep trying to stall everything again and again. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, GWN said:

they have already stopped it once , maybe I’m just impatient or just sick of the constant “wait and see” messages .just sick of it mate , nothing ever happens.

Yes, I'm sick of it too, but I have always felt (at the same time) that a lot is happening all of the time, and also that they have never stopped it, they have just slowed it down.

It is clearly 'speeding up again' right now though, exciting times ahead for us NUFC fans, and BOY do we deserve it.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, et tu brute said:

Because all that is happening is the PL keep trying to kick the can down the road. I’ll twist it round and say if the Premier League are so confident then why do they keep trying to stall everything again and again. 

That’s the thing. They think they can just get away with letting it run and run and fizzle out. They thought they had achieved that last year when PIF pulled out in July. They haven’t went away though and now they are being very vocal. This will be real big pressure on the premier league. They will need to act either way here, it’s gaining too much traction for them to just let it go on and fizzle out.

4 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yes, I'm sick of it too, but I have always felt (at the same time) that a lot is happening all of the time, and also that they have never stopped it, they have just slowed it down.

It is clearly 'speeding up again' right now though, exciting times ahead for us NUFC fans, and BOY do we deserve it.

It’s not speeding up if they don’t even have a date for arbitration.

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The fuck's she in a confession box for?

Think Ashley has her held captive. £340m ransom if the takeover goes tits up.

Edited by reefatoon

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

This whole thing is a joke. The club was sold in April 2020 ffs and yet has been stopped in it’s tracks for no real reason

Careful !!

I've said exactly that on here loads of times, and some members here just "cannot stand it", they just pull you to bits for fun, it is so self-destructive for NUFC.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s not speeding up if they don’t even have a date for arbitration.

Wow, c'mon, it is now accelerating at the speed of light toward the inevitable end-game !!

27 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Careful !!

I've said exactly that on here loads of times, and some members here just "cannot stand it", they just pull you to bits for fun, it is so self-destructive for NUFC.

Why do you always put stuff in inverted commas?  "It's weird".

Edited by simonsays

Sucks that a league approval (that appears more about their interpretation about who will run the club and their inability to give it over 15 weeks) has stalled a legal deal signed between two willing parties. 

I really dont understand this

"'We know nothing about the arbitration, We can't be part of the arbitration, and we don't know what's going on. By having it in a public forum, we have a chance to understand what's going on, and how we deal with that.'"

How aren't the buyers part of the process? Do they just submit their evidence and then hope, I figured they would all be round a table discussing/arguing it once it starts?

6 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I really dont understand this

"'We know nothing about the arbitration, We can't be part of the arbitration, and we don't know what's going on. By having it in a public forum, we have a chance to understand what's going on, and how we deal with that.'"

How aren't the buyers part of the process? Do they just submit their evidence and then hope, I figured they would all be round a table discussing/arguing it once it starts?

Until the process is completed then the only parties engaging in the D&D test are the PL and NUFC. It is the club that officially puts the potential D&Os forward and therefore the arbitration has to be between the PL and NUFC.

Of course PIF/PCP/Reubens know what's going on, but officially they don't. Same as Man U, Liverpool etc, they 'know' but they don't know whats going on

14 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Why do you always put stuff in inverted commas?  "It's weird".

Why do you query comments being put in quotes? It's WEIRD !!!

Hey, let's not argue about inconsequential matters !

Guest reefatoon

She spoke well there. Mentioning the government too will hopefully put a little pressure on them too. 

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

So pleased we’re back in the ‘letter sending’ phase of the takeover. I’ve missed it.

Except this time, the letter sending is on ‘our’ side, as opposed to from Hatice Cengiz? 

Guest reefatoon

I wouldn’t entertain him @Manxst the last few pages have been decent with some canny chat. It will just descend into the usual filth. Let’s just keep it all about the latest news :thup:

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

She spoke well there. Mentioning the government too will hopefully put a little pressure on them too. 

When she said that Newcastle fans deserve transparency she really meant that the Reubens having been funding Boris for a decade and it's time for payback.