Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

But they put 2 people forward didn't they?

Bander Mogren and Yasir al Rumayyan.

This is my understanding - PIF had the people who were going to have control (as they understood it) submit to the ODT, but the Premier League insisted that the state of KSA be considered a director for the purposes of the test, at which point PIF “withdrew”. 

Have I got it wrong?

Edited by Raconteur

That extract posted by JB doesn't make for encouraging reading mind, gotta be honest.

So is the ultimate contention that PIF/KSA are separate in SA law, is that where they're trying to argue?  Because clearly they're not separate in any real sense :lol:

32 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

That extract posted by JB doesn't make for encouraging reading mind, gotta be honest.

So is the ultimate contention that PIF/KSA are separate in SA law, is that where they're trying to argue?  Because clearly they're not separate in any real sense :lol:

Real sense however has nothing to do with it, if legal separation can be shown that’s all that matters. 

11 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Real sense however has nothing to do with it, if legal separation can be shown that’s all that matters. 

Aye I know.  So is that it then we're saying they're separate in SA law or international law?

Edited by mrmojorisin75

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Mmm, yes I do actually !!

well if you are 100% certain the lawyers would be 100% certain and the case would have already been settled out of court.

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Aye I know.  So is that it then we're saying they're separate in SA law or international law?

I remember The Football Law legal opinion way back last year, in a summary even Qatari lawyers agreed PIF was a separate legal entity from the Saudi state.

Is anyone apart from manor park still confident? I was hoping some sort of agreement could be made but that’s looking unlikely and AS & co do seem pretty concerned about arbitration over last few days.

genuine question btw

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Why do you think they've all wasted their time with all these interviews / press statements if it's going to go through regardless? 

Why are the PL wasting their time with all of these delays if they're going to win arbitration?

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

Is anyone apart from manor park still confident? I was hoping some sort of agreement could be made but that’s looking unlikely and AS & co do seem pretty concerned about arbitration over last few days.

genuine question btw

I'm confident, albeit it quietly. 

One of the main reasons is the PL trying their best to drag it out, even the legal matters. This indicates to me that its their only hope, if they had everything needed to lawfully stop it, then I think it would have been all over by now. 

I think its more the case that they, just like NUFC, are not 100% certain that they will win. So they drag it out in an effort to demoralise the buyers in the hope that they simply withdraw permanently. They are just playing as dirty as they possibly can.

37 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I want this takeover to happen like many, however you can’t possibly know how arbitration or even CAT will go.

Analysis of the available information that we have (and I wish we had more) and awareness of the qualities of the people involved on BOTH sides of the dispute (we know the EPL are not very bright, though they are devious) logically points towards the success of our legal action.

Corruption NEEDS to be exposed, and I am sure that it will be.  

Edited by manorpark

37 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

well if you are 100% certain the lawyers would be 100% certain and the case would have already been settled out of court.

Still the most likely outcome, the last few days pressure on the EPL will be having an impact.

It is likely to be very sudden, when it happens.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

I think its more the case that they, just like NUFC, are not 100% certain that they will win. So they drag it out in an effort to demoralise the buyers in the hope that they simply withdraw permanently. They are just playing as dirty as they possibly can.

But that's the thing, the PL are the ones making the takeover decision and abiding by their own rules that they set out. If they aren't 100% confident in their own decisions then that's a serious problem for them.

The buyers are 100% confident that they've done everything by the book, yet the PL can't find a valid reason to reject it. 

Guest reefatoon
41 minutes ago, gdm said:

genuine question btw

I feel quite confident about it. It seems the Premier Leagues only tactic is to not give an answer either way, letting it just sit and stagnate. Personally, I feel they are doing this because they know they can’t reject it, so this stalling tactic is the next best thing. Arbitration means there is going to be a decision either way now, which will get us beyond this ridiculous state of purgatory.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

But that's the thing, the PL are the ones making the takeover decision and abiding by their own rules that they set out. If they aren't 100% confident in their own decisions then that's a serious problem for them.

The buyers are 100% confident that they've done everything by the book, yet the PL can't find a valid reason to reject it. 

The PL are arguing that the ODT got paused and they couldn't even get to the point where they had to make a decision, as they didn't agree with the Saudis' statement that their government will NOT be a shadow director. Arbitration is going to answer that question.

The CAT case, if it goes ahead, will determine if the PL deliberately tried to cook up a situation, in conjunction with other parties, where the aim was to block the buyers from ever getting the takeover through.