Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Staveley isn't even the owner, yet she speaks about the club a million times better than the one who has been in charge for a decade and a half.

Of course, talk is cheap, and what will really matter is what she does if and when she gets control, but hearing a potential owner/chairwoman talk about us like that gives you hope.

Thinking aloud...so bear with me....

Say PIF turn around and say 'yes PIF are part of the state, the representative of the state is Al Rummiyan' 

What more could they legitimately ask for without questions being asked about most clubs owners? eg Abramovich is clearly and obviously under Putins control much like Moshiri and Usmanov at Everton, City's owners are beholden to UAE, West Ham's dodgy stadium deal,  even Leicester are influenced by the Thai Government.

Showing a team that isn't state influenced in some way or another is probably easier 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Last I’m bothering with you but needs to be said. Stop this. You know fuck all. Even in staveley’s interview she concedes the possibility they will lose arbitration and says “at some point it will be out of our control and that will be a great shame”

positivity is fine but stop going on like you know for certain we will win it. I’d say the way AS is talking the cards are stacked in PL’s favour if anything 

For goodness sake stop this pointless backbiting!

So, yes, your analysis leads you to a different degree of certainty or lack of certainty to me . . so what?

In life when you know you are right, have the balls to say so . . . THAT is what I do.

Don't be timid ("I think" maybe I might be right, perhaps, I'm not sure") just say what you think . . . THAT is what I do.

If you don't agree, that is fine by me, I would love to hear from you about that.

But, don't tell me what to think and write in here, I worked out the realities a long time ago, and my opinions are only stronger now with all the events of this week. 

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Thinking aloud...so bear with me....

Say PIF turn around and say 'yes PIF are part of the state, the representative of the state is Al Rummiyan' 

What more could they legitimately ask for without questions being asked about most clubs owners? eg Abramovich is clearly and obviously under Putins control much like Moshiri and Usmanov at Everton, City's owners are beholden to UAE, West Ham's dodgy stadium deal,  even Leicester are influenced by the Thai Government.

Showing a team that isn't state influenced in some way or another is probably easier 

The issue is that would effectively make the state's actions indirectly subject to UK criminal law at the whim of an unaccountable sporting organisation. There's no way any state would accept that, let alone a state like Saudi Arabia.

Edited by Jackie Broon

4 minutes ago, manorpark said:

So, yes, your analysis leads you to a different degree of certainty or lack of certainty to me . . so what?

In life when you know you are right, have the balls to say so . . . THAT is what I do.

Don't be timid ("I think" maybe I might be right, perhaps, I'm not sure") just say what you think . . . THAT is what I do.

If you don't agree, that is fine by me, I would love to hear from you about that.

But, don't tell me what to think and write in here, I worked out the realities a long time ago, and my opinions are only stronger now with all the events of this week. 

If you blindly believe we will win it then fair enough but you say it like it’s a fact. It’s not a fact it’s so far from a fact even AS acknowledged it might not happen. You constantly saying ‘it will happen’ with nothing to back it up just grates on people. 

I’m not bothering arguing with you about it 

3 minutes ago, manorpark said:

'Knowing' you're right and 'Thinking' you're right are two very different things.

As it stands you 'think' you are right, but present your opinions as 'knowing' you are right.

The reality is that no-one 'knows' what is right yet as things are still being worked on. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I don't understand why positivity bothers people so much. If I said England ARE going to win on Sunday, would it bother folk as much?

No, but if you said it over and over for months, even if Harry Kane had a broken leg and Maguire an ACL then yeah, it might bother folk...