NUFC vs Man City - 14/05/21 @ 8pm (live on Sky)

Paully

This isn't even our next game. :lol:

Also, our fanbase is far too fractured (well, pathetic) and full of far too many egos to ever get a protest like Man Utd yesterday off the ground. Would love to be proved wrong but history shows this.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

29 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Our protest would be a mess.

You would have people protesting against Ashley which is pointless and he already knows.

You would have others protesting for our takeover to be approved, which is just going to make us look like idiots and look like we are encouraging a submissive regime to takeover our club for the riches (in the eyes of everyone else).

You would have a few people on the protesting against the ESL, which again would be pointless because it’s not happening.

You would have fewer still protesting for better fan representation/ownership. That is worthy of protesting for, but it will be overshadowed by all of the above.

On top of this the police will be waiting for any opportunity to take in protestors and to turn it violent.

I’m not against the protest for the right reasons, but NUFC’s opportunity and position to protest has passed.

Exactly this. There's no point for NUFC fans to protest.

Even if the 50+1 ownership scheme sound good on paper, it will never happen on PL because most of the clubs already owned by foreign investor who will never sell their share easily and cheaply. Pointless.

7 hours ago, Cronky said:

Bad idea right now. We're likely to be still fighting relegation, and it's a distraction to the players. The protest wouldn't be happening if the team was doing well, so even if the players are not the intended target, it's giving them the message that they're not good enough. 

"The protest wouldn't be happening if the team was doing well"

Almost like that's the point, Ashley's ruinous ownership means the team largely never does well by any metric.

This thread is a perfect example of why where absolutely fucking shite as a fanbase. Some don’t even know what we’d protest about, I find that staggering.

If Man Utd had a sale to PCP and the PL refused to sanction it, do we think the red army would protest ? Imagine the scenario they’d finally thought they’d got rid of the Glazers, only for the PL to obstruct and delay the takeover for 12 months. They then find out in all likelihood there’s been input from other clubs and a foreign tv station.

The answer is there’d be fucking hell on. Masters and Hoffman would have men in balaclavas outside their house and the PL’s headquarters would have had the windows put out.

But we don’t even know what we’d be protesting about ? 

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This thread is a perfect example of why where absolutely fucking shite as a fanbase. Some don’t even know what we’d protest about, I find that staggering.

If Man Utd had a sale to PCP and the PL refused to sanction it, do we think the red army would protest ? Imagine the scenario they’d finally thought they’d got rid of the Glazers, only for the PL to obstruct and delay the takeover for 12 months. They then find out in all likelihood there’s been input from other clubs and a foreign tv station.

The answer is there’d be fucking hell on. Masters and Hoffman would have men in balaclavas outside their house and the PL’s headquarters would have had there windows put out.

But we don’t even know what we’d protesting about ? 

Really? I think if Man U were in the middle of a fight to sell their club and taking the PL to court in order to push it through, the last thing the fans would do would be throw a spoke in the works. Their protest on Sunday was really an effort to try to get rid of the Glazers precisely because they refused to sell to the Saudis. 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Really? I think if Man U were in the middle of a fight to sell their club and taking the PL to court in order to push it through, the last thing the fans would do would be throw a spoke in the works. Their protest on Sunday was really an effort to try to get rid of the Glazers precisely because they refused to sell to the Saudis. 

The last thing they would do is sit back and do fuck all. They’d be applying pressure by every avenue possible, even more so in light of ESL revelations. If there was even a whiff of a conspiracy to stop the sale they’d be out on the streets.

I just felt that a few people seemed to be flirting again with the idea that taking the risk of relegation was a price worth paying for getting rid of Ashley. 

For me, that is Brexiteer-style thinking, where the only things that are going to change are what you want to change. A team in the Championship is arguably a less attractive proposition for a buyer, particularly one who has the money to look at other options. There is no guarantee that we would be taken over by a better owner than Ashley, and clubs of around our size can spend a lot of time floating around the lower divisions before they recover - Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday etc

Right now, avoiding relegation is the priority.

Seems a very odd time to have a protest, what is it actually about? Does anyone know?

Mike Ashley? Yeah he’s actively trying to sell the club?

About the takeover being blocked? Yeah that’s actually being sorted in court right now

The Super League? Yeah it’s not happening and we weren’t invited anyway.

About Steve Bruce still being manager? Pointless at this stage of the season. We’re safe. Only a takeover will incite change.

What else could it be about? And why does whoever is organising it think it’s needed?

5 hours ago, Awaymag said:

What are you going to protest against?

• Big Six
  • ESL
  • Masters & Hoffman
  • Ashley
  • Bruce?

To be honest, football isn't worth protesting about.   If you want to do something - then don't buy sky sports, BT sports, don't attend any games and don't buy football merchandise.   The biggest statement fans can make is empty stadiums when lock down ends.

Breaking into football stadiums, slashing police officers faces, will get the short term headlines but for all the wrong reasons.

Imagine Sky sports broadcasting games in empty stadiums to fans that aren't watching, the PL and Sky would break in weeks.   However it will need a collective fan effort and one I don't think will materialise!

It will never happen. 

Thatcher got her wish, there’s no such thing as society...

We would stand outside singing toon toon then smack a horse , carry a coffin with gravy all ower wa tops , then sit down and watch the game singing “we’ll support you eva more”

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

The last thing they would do is sit back and do fuck all. They’d be applying pressure by every avenue possible, even more so in light of ESL revelations. If there was even a whiff of a conspiracy to stop the sale they’d be out on the streets.

Agreed. But for them that's not the situation, that's why they are out on the streets trying to get rid of the Glazers. If the Glazers were selling, who would they be protesting against?

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agreed. But for them that's not the situation, that's why they are out on the streets trying to get rid of the Glazers. If the Glazers were selling, who would they be protesting against?

If Man U we’re in our current position I believe they’d be protesting against the PL, in particular Masters and Hoffman. 

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

If Man U we’re in our current position I believe they’d be protesting against the PL, in particular Masters and Hoffman. 

They might have been at the point where PIF officially withdrew. At this stage where the owners are taking the PL to court? I don't think so.

IMO they hijacked the weekend fixture with Liverpool purely as a chance to get something going against the Glazers, who unlike Ashley have REFUSED to sell. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

They might have been at the point where PIF officially withdrew. At this stage where the owners are taking the PL to court? I don't think so.

IMO they hijacked the weekend fixture with Liverpool purely as a chance to get something going against the Glazers, who unlike Ashley have REFUSED to sell. 

Undoubtedly they’ve used the ESL as a means to protest against the Glazers, similarly Arsenal with Kroenke.

10 hours ago, Cronky said:

Bad idea right now. We're likely to be still fighting relegation, and it's a distraction to the players. The protest wouldn't be happening if the team was doing well, so even if the players are not the intended target, it's giving them the message that they're not good enough. 

thats been the problem all these years though. support the team not the regime. 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

The answer is there’d be fucking hell on. Masters and Hoffman would have men in balaclavas outside their house and the PL’s headquarters would have had the windows put out.

But we don’t even know what we’d be protesting about ? 

and we dont want to upset the team either.

Just now, Thumbheed said:

You know something I don't?

who knows how  long arbitration will take and if it goes our way there's no guarantee PIF will step in and buy but it'll get dragged out. there'll be the usual ashley plants trying to imply there's something going on behind the scenes so we mustnt protest.

if we lose the case, there'll be rumours of other buyers being interested so again we'll be all telling each other we shouldnt protest just yet.