The Future Of Football

InspectorCoarse

24 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Positive suggestions please 

Id like a salary cap for starters 

Billionaire owners absolutely can’t wait to impose this. I don’t think you will have to wait long. 

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No monthly Sky/BT/Amazon subscriptions. 

All matches individually PPV. Or individual club subscriptions

Great way to make the bigger clubs bigger that.

I’ve been to SJP for a rugby match, and to a Canadian football game in Canada. They idea to have a casual drink in the stands is a great one, of course though too many people would have far too much and cause bother doing so, but it would be great if we could have that.

Stadiums with decks/landings where there is a bar and more casual seating look great as well, laws and the British culture would never be able to have it in a peaceful manner though.

I would like a set agent fee in order to prevent them from making so much money from transfers. Say you buy someone for £10m, an agent should make no more than £250k, £10m-£30m, then they should get no more than £500k etc. Also to prevent them from urging players to move more often to get more fee’s, they should get a reduced pay out of the player has recently moved. So say a player moves a year later after 1 move, the agents should only be able to get 10% of the fee they are allowed for whatever transfer fee they went for, with the amount increasing as time goes on. On top of this they should only be able to take max of say 10% of a players wages, with them being able to take less if a player earns less than a certain amount.

I would also have more structure restrictions on what players can earn. For example they shouldn’t get a fee for an appearance, but their contract should reward more for team wins. So let’s say you have a player on a contract of £50k per week, the contract should only be £37k per week, with a 25% win bonus. Of course that gets more complicated with having multiple games a week etc. However I would want something that makes sure winning games is in the mindset of players instead of them being happy to just sit there and put in half arsed performances.

7 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Aye. It is far better to have a subscription cap.

I still think Premier League games should kick off on a Sunday so that Saturdays are reserved for lower leagues and non-league football. I do wonder if this pandemic has lead to a situation where we can have sell out games with all games being televised as well.

Academies should be revamped and the FA I think should take charge or initiate the drive to overhaul them.

We have St George’s Park, but how many players will be able to attend that? Instead they should do what France did and have an academy in every region. Both boys and girls can go there. There will be a school so that their coaching can go hand in hand with their education. If a kid doesn’t make it then they can be offered a coaching route or official route instead of a playing one. If they don’t want to do that then they should still be able to attend the school so that they are not excluded from their friends and from the facilities. If they do decide to leave the school they should still be welcome back if they change their mind. The same applies if they just fall out of love of the game.

On top of this, each academy should regularly allow local schools, and local clubs etc have access to their facilities as much as possible and free of charge. We should also be offering coaching and officials pathway courses available to all free of charge instead of having it as a money maker as it currently is.

Edited by Stifler

finicky really but

Teams in Europe don't play in that years league cup - with the possible exception of the holders.

No national anthems and other pretentious faff at friendlies.

Can't own multiple clubs.

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

And impose a semi realistic meritocracy like what what used to exist when the number of paying fans actually counted for something. Also stops the  milking fans for matches they have no interest in. Pay for a Sky subscription? Interested in Burnley-Fulhan on a Tuesday night? Well you're paying for it whether you watch or not currently

Put some proper teeth into FFP. Make it enforceable. Premiership clubs should have to agree to abide by UEFA's decision, and not take things to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which strikes me as a completely pointless institution with no proper expertise or accountability.

Narrow the TV revenue gap between the Champions League and the rest of the Premiership, and between the Premiership and the other divisions. The current situation pressures owners to take too many risks to stay in  / reach the CL or the Premiership.

One player's dad from each team to run the lines

All tackles must be below chest height

Only direct assaults on the referee himself will result in a red card

Any team unable to field 11 men is permitted to ask up to three bystanders to fill in

Referees to cut the second half short if the score line is getting a bit silly

Don’t think salary caps are the answer, i think it’s naturally going to go in this direction anyway. Aside from 2 or 3 players now in world football that will command a massive fee, I think Covid will force clubs to take a more responsible approach going forward. Those clubs who have been lashing out money on players all seem to be in financial bother now. It’ll sort itself out.

Will we see a 200m+ player transfer again? I doubt it. If Mbappe leaves PSG it will be for sporting reasons, he’s hardly going to increase his wages significantly over what he’s probably on now.

Tweaks to how VAR is used would be useful and to be honest I think the transfer window needs to be scrapped. I’d like to see a limit on the amount of players a club can sign per season. Say 5 or 6 but they can be done at any stage during a season.

7 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

Get rid of VAR 

Antonio on MNF saying he's toned down or stopped celebrating because he doesn't want to look a twat doing a dance and then being told it's been VAr'd off.