The Future Of Football

InspectorCoarse

On 03/05/2021 at 16:21, Chicane said:

Agree with VAR needing to go. It was the right thing to try it but it's clearly made the game worse.

Totally agree but hard to see it happening. As soon as it had been introduced in the WC every time there was a big mistake in the PL people were going mad for VAR (remember Rafa doing it for us). Some big goal will be a yard offside, or there'll be an egregious referee mistake and surely there'll be big calls for its return.

On the back of the VAR tweaks, I also think TV companies need to reel it in, too. Lineker for instance has been anti-VAR pretty much since it's been brought in but I bet as soon as it goes, MOTD, BT Sport, etc will be the first with their fancy graphics, multiple angles and super slo-mos showing how the referee or linesmen were wrong.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

On the back of the VAR tweaks, I also think TV companies need to reel it in, too. Lineker for instance has been anti-VAR pretty much since it's been brought in but I bet as soon as it goes, MOTD, BT Sport, etc will be the first with their fancy graphics, multiple angles and super slo-mos , going live to their ex-referee, showing how the referee or linesmen were wrong.

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Agree with all of this apart from VAR which I just think needs tweaked rather than taken away. Bollocks to losing 2 points to clear offside goals like the Aguero one up here when we drew, etc. Wasn't so long ago 'was there daylight between attacker and defender' seemed to be a guideline for instance. Bring this back rather than this ridiculous 'was his armpit offside' law (which is stupid even without VAR). 

I dont' think that would do much to solve the real problem of VAR. E.g. with that kind of tweak, the Ayoze winner v Everton in the 3-2 still gets taken away, which is the fundamental problem of it imo.

Can something be done to stop big clubs hoarding youth from all across the country so local lads go to the Super League teams if they can as kids. Players should have like the human right to move, and players have moved about for years as youth (e.g. Shearer at Southampton) but it happens way more now - e.g. see the new geordie Shola at ManU.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

6 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I dont' think that would do much to solve the real problem of VAR. E.g. with that kind of tweak, the Ayoze winner v Everton in the 3-2 still gets taken away, which is the fundamental problem of it imo.

Can something be done to stop big clubs hoarding youth from all across the country so local lads go to the Super League teams if they can as kids. Players should have like the human right to move, and players have moved about for years as youth (e.g. Shearer at Southampton) but it happens way more now - e.g. see the new geordie Shola at ManU.

If VAR showed that was offside and it was a mistake by the linesman, fair game imo. If a replay can show that, disallow it.