The Entertainers on Sky Sports

Nehe

56 minutes ago, huss9 said:

couldnt bring myself to watch. the ending is just too traumatic still.

ha - the same. It's a case of what could have been.

Were we not branded the Entertainers after we won 1-3 at Oldham in November '93? Sure it was that team first, also was binge watching old NUFC season reviews through lockdown and the 1993-94 season is branded "The Entertainers". The 1995-96 side didn't score that many goals in that season, especially compared to 1993-94 albeit they had 4 more games.

I know 93/94 is when the label comes from, but seems fair to consider that period til 96 part of the era, considering the 96 title run team are strongly associated with being entertaining. If you asked most non NUFC fans what game they most associate with 'the entertainers' it'd be the Liverpool 3-4.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Were we not branded the Entertainers after we won 1-3 at Oldham in November '93? Sure it was that team first, also was binge watching old NUFC season reviews through lockdown and the 1993-94 season is branded "The Entertainers". The 1995-96 side didn't score that many goals in that season, especially compared to 1993-94 albeit they had 4 more games.

Aye that was the game where Sky christened us "The Entertainers". We beat them 3-1 (Cole 2, Beardsley) on Monday night Football. Think the stats were something daft like 28 shots to 1. It was also our crowd that got the attention that night. 4,000 fans behind the goal and they were deafening. You could tell Sky had seen nowt like it as their cameras were constantly panning across to the away end.

We really did have a team and a fanbase to be proud of back then.

6 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

How come? It's still very much associated with the 95/96 title run, and surely justifiably. 

Season video title, season of it being a thing and it was the most entertaining season. I know it lived on but usually it is attributed more to said 95/96 season than any other.

22 minutes ago, mofo said:

Watched it, thought it was pretty shit to be honest... Thought they would have at least had an interview with KK??

Same here. Trying to cram that into half an hour, minus the adverts, was pointless really.

9 hours ago, duo said:

ha - the same. It's a case of what could have been.

The Blackburn match was the one for me - win that and the league was ours 

dont think I will ever get over 95/96 unless we win a trophy now - will haunt me forever 

Yeah, 30 mins far too short to cover that period, disappointing program.

And yeah, Blackburn was the game for me as well. Late in the season season 1 up with 4 minutes left and we somehow lost. Forget all the other points we threw away (and there were plenty) those 3 points made the difference in a game we had in our hands. 

It never ceases to amaze me that the players mention Man U at home and away to Liverpool, they were hard games. Blackburn was the game.

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

dont think I will ever get over 95/96 unless we win a trophy now - will haunt me forever 

I'm not sure a trophy will help me get over it.
It still feels unfair. A team like that deserved to win something.

Edited by Robster

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

I remember that game well 🙈

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yeah, 30 mins far too short to cover that period, disappointing program.

And yeah, Blackburn was the game for me as well. Late in the season season 1 up with 4 minutes left and we somehow lost. Forget all the other points we threw away (and there were plenty) those 3 points made the difference in a game we had in our hands. 

It never ceases to amaze me that the players mention Man U at home and away to Liverpool, they were hard games. Blackburn was the game.

I was at Blackburn. The bus journey back home was horrendous. At every away match I've ever been to (prob around 200) the crack on the bus home has always been superb, win, lose or draw. That game was the one exception. Everyone just sat in stunned silence the entire 3 hours home. 

12 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Did they go with the usual narrative of Kevin Keegan had a meltdown and that's what caused us to lose the title?

Nah, but that the Liverpool 4-3 cost us the title. Man Utd and Blackburn were all far worse. Maybe even Forest, but probs not.

35 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Nah, but that the Liverpool 4-3 cost us the title. Man Utd and Blackburn were all far worse. Maybe even Forest, but probs not.

If you trace it back, the rot probably started to set in with defeat away to West Ham, if memory serves me right.

50 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That 3-3 draw with Man City was the fucking pits, the mackem drink-driver getting two goals.

Only saving grace was Tino going nuts, sticking the nut on Keith Curle after he'd scored his first goal for us.  

Edited by Sima

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The Man U game was awful. We murdered them and lost 1-0. Then murdered them again a few months later and won 5-0.

Edited by Candi_Hills