Leicester City 2 - 4 Newcastle United - 07/05/21 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

27 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Palace, Brighton, Southampton would all need to win a game too. Burnley would need to win two.

Never going to happen. 

Burnley only need to win 1…….but agree safe now.

Guest neesy111

Didn't realise Leicester's remaining fixtures are pretty hard, still got a job to finish in the top 4.

• Newcastle won an away Premier League match against a side starting the day as high as third in the table by two or more goals for the first time since December 2001, when they won 3-1 at Arsenal under Sir Bobby Robson.

Best performance under the fat prick, that. Kind of annoyed we conceded 2, as a win by a 4+ goal margin would not have flattered. Keep this fucking level up man. So annoying that we won't. 

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

Didn't realise Leicester's remaining fixtures are pretty hard, still got a job to finish in the top 4.

They'll bottle it, same as last year. 

Despite Rogers winning loads of league titles with Celtic, I'm starting to believe that he is a bit of a bottler. 

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Despite Rogers winning loads of league titles with Celtic, I'm starting to believe that he is a bit of a bottler. 

I’d take him in a heartbeat.

The difference between those good coaches though and say someone like Sir Alex, Wenger and even Guardiola is how they managed the squad and keep the right players fresh for the right moments.

Leicester basically played the same 11 for the guts of the season. They have good players who can come on but the main bulk looked absolutely knackered.

Even with us at a lower level, Benitez knew how to do this too. We had such few injuries in comparison to Bruce.

Guest HTT II

If they were to finish in the top 4, that’s some achievement tbh, but of most of their rivals, they should have wrapped this up comfortably by now. It does point to a deficiency in BR’s lead teams hugely. I still think he’s a bit of a bluffer/fraud. Easily the best manager outside of the top/elite mangers though still.

A few of their players have gone off the boil at the wrong time too. Vardy and Maddison in particular. Earlier in the season they were unplayable.

Still, it’s a massive achievement for a team like Leicester to be comfortably in the top 6 for 2 seasons in a row. 

Having a stable club with owners who show ambition and know how to make the place a happy working environment for all their staff cannot be underestimated.

2 hours ago, Nobody said:
2 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Enjoyed that and a great win that should now secure our top-flight participation for next year.

Could see the difference though when Willock went off and then Bruce took ASM and Wilson off, we looked like we might actually throw away a 4-0 lead.

I hate Bruce as much as anyone but even I'm struggling to blame him for resting players at 4-1 up with 10 minutes left, we should just be able to do that, but fucking hell it shows how badly we rely on certain players.

Love your username on here :aww:

Where's my fucking money, Denny?!

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

If they were to finish in the top 4, that’s some achievement tbh, but of most of their rivals, they should have wrapped this up comfortably by now. It does point to a deficiency in BR’s lead teams hugely. I still think he’s a bit of a bluffer/fraud. Easily the best manager outside of the top/elite mangers though still.

Bielsa for me, like.

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

I said this a while ago that their fixtures at the end are bad and that they would end up bottling it. I didn’t think they would start angina at us, or Southampton before us where they only managed a draw.

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, Sima said:

Bielsa for me, like.

Aye, for some reason I totally forgot about him. I’d love him at the Toon!

13 hours ago, neesy111 said:

West Ham and Liverpool have a really generous run-in by comparison too. Chelsea’s is a bit grim, which could work out even worse for Leicester as it’s likely Chelsea will need to beat them.

I’d make West Ham favourites for a top 4 finish if they beat Everton. 

Tottenham also have a bit of a chance, they play Leicester on the final day and will only be 4 points off them if they win today.