Leicester City 2 - 4 Newcastle United - 07/05/21 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Been watching today's football in my uni house tonight and for some reason it dawned on me how much I really enjoyed watching us last night. Well, for 80 minutes anyway. Makes it even sweeter that an enormous cunt that I know here at uni is a Leicester fan, have that one ya twat.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Said it a couple of months ago but Vardy looks like he’s on his way out.

Definitely lost a bit of pace and he barely got involved last night at all. 2 goals in 23 now. Joelinton’s in better form.

Jesus, didn't realise his form was that bad. Hot to be why Leicester are falling away.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Said it a couple of months ago but Vardy looks like he’s on his way out.

Definitely lost a bit of pace and he barely got involved last night at all. 2 goals in 23 now. Joelinton’s in better form.

Maybe, probably better to judge first half of next season if that's the case as he's still getting into the positions for the opportunities. Mind, he's a beacon light to lower league players in how guts and hard work (obviously with natural ability) can allow you to improve your career and get to the top. 

I really envy players, how they don’t seem to to be bothered how shit a club is and how bad the owner is.

He just enjoys his football and takes his massive pay packet, shame the fans don’t have that luxury. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I really envy players, how they don’t seem to to be bothered how shit a club is and how bad the owner is.

He just enjoys his football and takes his massive pay packet, shame the fans don’t have that luxury. 

Yeah. I'm guilty of it myself but it's why when we say "so and so should stick a transfer request in" - it's just never something that's realistically going to happen unless they're obviously an elite-level talent and/or there's already a big/lucrative/otherwise appealing move lined up. 

Cos why bother? The job is to play football to the best of your ability and get paid 30, 40, 50, 60 grand a week for it; that is guaranteed wherever you are, as long as it's in the PL or one of the wealthier European sub-elite sides. Why give a shit about the wider prospects or identity of your club, unless the issues are negatively impacting your wage or other prospects you might realistically have?

Like Schar is a big one, for instance, who we might wonder "what's he thinking, staying here?" But, though he's a great player, he's not a top 4 player and he's already an international regular. What incentive does he have not to accept a very handsome contract extension? What's he got to gain, really

The only one in the squad who I'd really question the ambitions of (by staying) would be ASM. The sky's the limit for him and he should be itching for a move. Maybe Miggy as well and - to an extent - a couple of the English players who might still have international opportunities, if they were playing for a better functioning club. 

18 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah. I'm guilty of it myself but it's why when we say "so and so should stick a transfer request in" - it's just never something that's realistically going to happen unless they're obviously an elite-level talent and/or there's already a big/lucrative/otherwise appealing move lined up. 

Cos why bother? The job is to play football to the best of your ability and get paid 30, 40, 50, 60 grand a week for it; that is guaranteed wherever you are, as long as it's in the PL or one of the wealthier European sub-elite sides. Why give a shit about the wider prospects or identity of your club, unless the issues are negatively impacting your wage or other prospects you might realistically have?

Like Schar is a big one, for instance, who we might wonder "what's he thinking, staying here?" But, though he's a great player, he's not a top 4 player and he's already an international regular. What incentive does he have not to accept a very handsome contract extension? What's he got to gain, really

The only one in the squad who I'd really question the ambitions of (by staying) would be ASM. The sky's the limit for him and he should be itching for a move. Maybe Miggy as well and - to an extent - a couple of the English players who might still have international opportunities, if they were playing for a better functioning club. 

I would put Wilson in that bracket as well. I don't think there'd be any shortage of takers if there was even a hint he was looking for a move. So right now I'm more than happy enough he's enjoying himself in what most people would describe as an awful season. 

On 09/05/2021 at 18:42, Fantail Breeze said:

I didn’t realise Wilson is 29. How is he that old? I suppose he’s unlikely to get a bigger move at this age, isn’t he?

Such a weird career considering how good he actually is.

I swear it's all down too his name...if he was wilsinho, or callumson he'd be being sniffed at by some 'top6' team.

12 goals in the worst attacking side in the league shows his ability

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I swear it's all down too his name...if he was wilsinho, or callumson he'd be being sniffed at by some 'top6' team.

12 goals in the worst attacking side in the league shows his ability

There is probably an element of that but also his injuries will put teams off, has had a couple of big ones