Random football thoughts

Mike

Football coverage would be much better if the pundits commentators were actually passionate about football.

Ally Mccoist is someone who rightly attracts a lot of praise and is a good example of this imo. Even during a terrible game he never sounds like he doesn’t want to be there.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Football coverage would be much better if the pundits commentators were actually passionate about football.

Ally Mccoist is someone who rightly attracts a lot of praise and is a good example of this imo. Even during a terrible game he never sounds like he doesn’t want to be there.

How do you feel about Gary Birtles’ commentary? Fella sounds like he wants to kill everyone and then himself whenever he’s on.

Also, ‘Ando’ on radio Newcastle when he’s doing commentary. As well as having completely bizarre opinions the bloke is as miserable as sin.

Everyone going on about ex players needing to be refs because they understand the game where others dont. Really? We've all just been discussing and understanding it perfectly well. Thousands of none ex players call most decisions perfectly well every single game. It's just another idiotic reaction to an easily solved problem.

23 minutes ago, LV said:

Can we have a Positive Football Random Thoughts thread please? I don’t want to hear anyone else’s differing opinions 

Leeds are once again using Covid-19 as a surprisingly good antidote to so called Bielsa Burnout.

I wonder does Arsene Wenger have another run in him at a premier league club.

All those Arsenal supporters holding a protest to get him sacked, wonder if they still think they were right all along.

On 09/05/2021 at 18:19, LV said:

How do you feel about Gary Birtles’ commentary? Fella sounds like he wants to kill everyone and then himself whenever he’s on.

Also, ‘Ando’ on radio Newcastle when he’s doing commentary. As well as having completely bizarre opinions the bloke is as miserable as sin.

My favorite Garry Birtles moment. He was going in on the Porto keeper the whole game. 

6 hours ago, Astroblack said:

My favorite Garry Birtles moment. He was going in on the Porto keeper the whole game. 

Love Birtles :lol:

’He looks scruffy’ 

On 10/05/2021 at 22:10, midds said:

I wish Gary Neville would get a shave before he does Monday Night Football. Looks like he's had a massive glass of Ribena atm  

Looks like he’s been slapped across the face with a dirty skipping rope.

On 09/05/2021 at 23:19, LV said:

Too many of the pundits are totally biased towards the top 6. They try to give the impression that they are not, but just can’t help themselves. We have so many poor ex footballers as pundits now it’s laughable. 

14 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I imagine it would be ungentlemanly conduct / unsporting behaviour even though the rules for this state verbally distracting an opponent and not physically doing so..

Very funny though. :lol:

Starting to get nervous shakes at the prospect of no evening football past Weds. Until the Euros obviously and the couple of finals. But watching a match nearly every evening for however long has got me addicted to it. Already planned my week out.

Barnsley-Swansea tonight, Che-Lei and Bur-Liv obviously Tues and Weds. Then we start getting in to questionable territory. Thursday probably Anderlecht-Bruges over the Scottish PL Playoff. Blackpool-Oxford on Fri. Swans-Barnsley again Sat and Sevilla on Sunday.

Terrified of having to go back and watch whatever shit is on tv or netflix in the evenings. Ive grown a dependency.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar