What is the most impressive football top that you have ever owned?

cowlie63

On 12/05/2021 at 20:37, Tsunami said:

Lucky you weren’t given the Coventry away strip instead. Possibly the worst kit ever. Yeah, full kits did come in boxes, I was given the Liverpool kit for Christmas by my parents. I have to this day no idea why, must have been on sale. 

Ooh aye, chocolate brown colour. Loved the late 70s/early 80s shiny Addidas kits as worn by Forest, Ipswich, Birmingham etc too.

Edited by Scoreboard82

Had the yellow with green trim Bukta shirt bought at Stan Seymour’s shop on the corner of Market Street about 1977-ish.

Few years ago I spent a few nights going through boxes in he loft looking for it, knowing I’d put it up there. 

Wasn’t until weeks later the wife admitted she’d thrown it out. 

Proper gutted.

Needless to say, she’s nee longer me wife. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2021 at 07:36, Disco said:

Aye; it’s this one I’ve got. solano2.jpg

Saying I was from Newcastle earned some genuine kinship as well as a few  free drinks when I was over there too. 

And in situ...

Hide contents

yGXsaUuo_o.jpeg

Fabulous shirt, and colca valley near cabaconde? It is a fair trek down there. Stayed there for a week, as I was buying my wife one of those bowler hats that are darned with designs. It took a long time to make, plus it tells my wife’s life story. Amazing magical location.

On 13/05/2021 at 18:09, number37 said:

Proudly wore this down to Selhurst Park for the Crystal Palace game in August 2009. 

ranger30.jpg

#hindsight

Ah man my friend from America was here that week - he’s taken me to all sorts of Philly sports matches and that was his first Newcastle game. He had me buy him the custard / banana away strip with 23 Ameobi after it. Screamer from Raylor! We started in the home end and when I told the Palace steward he’d come here from America to watch the game, he let us shift into the away end. Offered him a tenner and he refused to accept it. Sometimes people aren’t awful.

Way back in the early/mid-80s when it was tough to get obscure/foreign shirts me and my Uncle took a train to a shop in Letchworth that used to do them. Got Adidas Boca and River Plate shirts. Still have them hanging in the closet - both sponsored by Fate O.

I have a ‘Ronaldo 9’ World Cup 2002 top. 

It was one of my 10th Birthday presents, Men’s Small. 

I wore it a few times to training when I was playing football few years ago, but I’d need to shed a bit to get back into it now like.

46 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Long sleeved Totti-era Roma Kappa home shirt, circa 2000/1
I’d look like a bag full of jelly if I wore it now but back then it was pure sex. 

Yeah, I loved the Kappa shirts. Nearly put my purple Spurs one down as impressive, but now the main impressive thing about it would be my gut.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a number 4 shirt from the1950’s which was probably joe Harvey’s. It has a Stan Seymour label and hidden underneath that is another label which says ‘designed by Matt Busby’. Apparently he designed shirts for a couple of years 

On 13/05/2021 at 17:09, number37 said:

Proudly wore this down to Selhurst Park for the Crystal Palace game in August 2009. 

ranger30.jpg

#hindsight

Could come in handy if you ever run out of bog roll.

22 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

My favourute kit, and I myself don't know why even with owning it2009-10-newcastle-third-shirt-19980-1.jp

Also love the yellow mustard one too.

I've still got this, I think it's a decent shirt tbh