What is the most impressive football top that you have ever owned?

cowlie63

I got as a birthday present something like 15 years ago a Newcastle top signed by players around the time of Albert Luque and Damien Duff

:undecided:

Edited by OpenC

Not the most impressive but a bit of a novelty looking back. As a kid in the 70s i had a Coventry full kit. Dunno if the oldies on here can remember it? All sky blue but with 2 thin dark blue and white stripes down each side that continued down the front of the shorts. I'm sure Wales had a version. Think whichever kit maker at the time (umbro/admiral) sold whole kits in boxes. 

Got loads of random ones and have bought a few during lockdown, currently wearing a Schalke top.

Best is probably a Universitario top with Solano 24 I got in Peru.

Recent favourite is a retro Gremio number.

30 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Not the most impressive but a bit of a novelty looking back. As a kid in the 70s i had a Coventry full kit. Dunno if the oldies on here can remember it? All sky blue but with 2 thin dark blue and white stripes down each side that continued down the front of the shorts. I'm sure Wales had a version. Think whichever kit maker at the time (umbro/admiral) sold whole kits in boxes. 

Lucky you weren’t given the Coventry away strip instead. Possibly the worst kit ever. Yeah, full kits did come in boxes, I was given the Liverpool kit for Christmas by my parents. I have to this day no idea why, must have been on sale. 

I've got about 20 vintage NUFC shirts but my favourites are the home and away Umbro shirts from  83-85 which are like rocking horse shit to get in xl. Holy grail would be to find a blue Bukta away from 1979 in my size.

I have loads of others but my favourite is an early 90's Kappa Kaiser Chiefs shirt which my Dad brought me back from South Africa.

Edited by UncleBingo

Difficult to choose a favourite out of all the ones I've had - basically all my pocket money went on football shirts back in the day. 

651552564.jpg.jpg

14438091029_7773283a8c_b.jpg

article-0-09AB369A000005DC-645_306x464.j

1998-08-10juventus-h-action-2.jpg

2.2262549-600x338.jpg

We had some cracking kits with Adidas. 

Ive well over 100 match worn Newcastle shirts, favourites are

Rob Lee from Barca 3-2 game

Shearer Charity Shield signed by the squad (match issue not worn)

Ruel Fox Green Asics from my first ever game

Ridiculously ive also got Mike Ashleys 'King Kev' shirt (signed by the man himself) and a match worn Uriah Rennie ref shirt :)

Edited by geordie_b

I believe I used to have an old NUFC top and shorts from the 80s that were nicked from the club, supposedly from a player or the dressing room, got confiscated and somehow went home with my  da while he was in the army. Nicked by one of the kids he was in charge of I think. No idea where they are now, need to check the story again.

Probably that followed by one of my little kids tops that we spent ages in the club shop trying to curve and fit Macdonald onto - eventually successfully. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Difficult to choose a favourite out of all the ones I've had - basically all my pocket money went on football shirts back in the day. 

Dunno what I'm doing wrong with putting images in my post but here's a few faves of mine. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/7XyakJfkthTKdi2Z7

https://images.app.goo.gl/wsHbSrdYp3EBX8yG7

https://images.app.goo.gl/5TidHcpwqe65Akof7

https://images.app.goo.gl/YYTNSg3HpTnxmPh66

https://images.app.goo.gl/svS6jYcUNqGU8J198

https://images.app.goo.gl/e5f58dRM2roykxMq5

We had some cracking kits with Adidas. 

You linked the search results rather than the image urls.

1466.jpg

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Got loads of random ones and have bought a few during lockdown, currently wearing a Schalke top.

Best is probably a Universitario top with Solano 24 I got in Peru.

Recent favourite is a retro Gremio number.

Aha my favourite Peruvian team. Lovely cream colour if that is possible. My favourite is Deportivo Huancayo (spelt wanka). Always regret not getting the sponsor Siemens ironed on. Current favourite is orange and black second strip of Chonburi FC in Thailand.

1 hour ago, timinperu said:

Aha my favourite Peruvian team. Lovely cream colour if that is possible. My favourite is Deportivo Huancayo (spelt wanka). Always regret not getting the sponsor Siemens ironed on. Current favourite is orange and black second strip of Chonburi FC in Thailand.

Aye; it’s this one I’ve got. solano2.jpg

Saying I was from Newcastle earned some genuine kinship as well as a few  free drinks when I was over there too. 

And in situ...

yGXsaUuo_o.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ben said:

Has anyone heard of these ?

https://secretshirt.co/

There's a lad on YouTube called Away Days who's massively into shirts and opens and reviews a lot of these types of services. Secretshirt was one where you could basically predict what you were going to get by looking at what was currently under £15 on classicfootballshirts site. There was another service hoying dhgate fakes in there's too.

10 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Loved that strip, and the wales one. Luton's was cool at that time too. I think it was Admiral. I had a poster with all the Admiral strips on, ans those were my favourites.

7 hours ago, timinperu said:

Ive got one of their t-shirts [emoji38]

5.png

18 hours ago, LFEE said:

No post from @ponsaelius yet? 🙂

Ha ha ha.

I'm not sure by impressive really. I don't have that many rare ones - just stuff I've picked up when travelling or on a whim because I liked a player. What's a bit of a shame is that a combination of ClassicFootballShirts and vintage fashion has sent the price of rare older kits through the roof. 

My favourites that I have are probably by Bari 1999/2000 (Cassano #99) and Udinese 2010/11 (Di Natale #10).

Edited by ponsaelius

10 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I liked that shiny blue away one with the gold star, 98/99?

I somehow lost it and was gutted.

Sure mine fell to bits in the wash, and was clicked to hell by the end of it.