Newcastle United 3 - 4 Manchester City - 14/05/21 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Amazing the difference Lejuene and lascelles could make to this defence though. Look shocking without those two. Completely clueless at the back these days.

Pretty much the same defence that Rafa had so well drilled. The players aren’t the issue.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Pretty much the same defence that Rafa had so well drilled. The players aren’t the issue.

I’d argue that a few of them are. Murphy, Krafth, shelvey, dummett - none of them good enough regardless of who the manager is.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d argue that a few of them are. Murphy, Krafth, shelvey, dummett - none of them good enough regardless of who the manager is.

Well yeah, but Rafa wanted rid of three of them and the other was purchased by Bruce.

So the manager is the problem, because none of those would be in the team if we had a competent one.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Well yeah, but Rafa wanted rid of three of them and the other was purchased by Bruce.

So the manager is the problem, because none of those would be in the team if we had a competent one.

I get that. I mean our manager is the one who got rid of one of the players (lejuene) I mentioned. He also brought in krafth. It’s all on him.

3 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

They are implying that it would have been good to have had a crowd there, should be encouraging the opposite.

They were just saying, that if a crowd was there, that the atmosphere would be lively.