Newcastle United 3 - 4 Manchester City - 14/05/21 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

This team man! Growing to love it so many likeable players and hard working. We have looked dangerous since February too! 2 goals so far v Man City, Tottenham, Everton and should have been 2 at anfield and 3 v West Ham and Southampton, 4 at Leicester! A fit Wilson and ASM and we are a problem for ANYONE

I feared the worst when Joelinton stepped up for that penalty, why can't he hit a moving ball like that??

Been a weird half of football, we've been totally dominated but when we've got up the pitch we've done it quick and been an absolute nuisance.

Just now, CalmintheChaos said:

This team man! Growing to love it so many likeable players and hard working. We have looked dangerous since February too! 2 goals so far v Man City, Tottenham, Everton and should have been 2 at anfield and 3 v West Ham and Southampton, 4 at Leicester! A fit Wilson and ASM and we are a problem for ANYONE

Piss off man :lol:

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

You on the cowies bro? :D

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I quite enjoy the counterattacks, it’s just a shame it’s predicated on parking the bus and constantly giving the ball back to your opponent. 

Nearly every bottom half team in the PL does it against Man C so I’ve no idea what folk expect like. :lol:

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Our 2 worst players have scored :lol:

Guaranteed Shelvey winner. All served up from the latest manager of the month. Non of it makes a bit of sense.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I quite enjoy the counterattacks, it’s just a shame it’s predicated on parking the bus and constantly giving the ball back to your opponent. 

Fast counters was something Rafa built our philosophy around, although we didn't really have the players to execute it as well then. Bruce is just doing a copy and paste.

Just now, TRon said:

Fast counters was something Rafa built our philosophy around, although we didn't really have the players to execute it as well then. Bruce is just doing a copy and paste.

....but blaming Rafa when it doesn't work and taking credit when it does.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Just said to my sad, I didn’t see this coming before KO. We’ve done well on the counter - they look terrified of St Maxim’s pace. 

Imagine if Wilson was out there as well. We really do have some serious threat in this team when everyone is fit. 

9 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I’ll have what you’re having please