Newcastle United vs Sheffield United - 19/05/21 @ 1800 - Live on Sky

Hurst gets way too much stick like, I don't fully get it.

Admittedly I don't understand why he doesn't believe in protest enough, or how he can enjoy going to the game. But I don't think he's that bad.

Presumably it was the Trust's decision not to go down the road of becoming a protest group. I don't agree with that decision but I guess it was democratic? 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hurst gets way too much stick like, I don't fully get it.

Admittedly I don't understand why he doesn't believe in protest enough, or how he can enjoy going to the game. But I don't think he's that bad.

Presumably it was the Trust's decision not to go down the road of becoming a protest group. I don't agree with that decision but I guess it was democratic? 

There's not been a bigger issue facing the club in 13 years.

What's the point in clearing up the milk aisle and toilets when the supermarket is on fire?

As a collective, I can't understand how none of them seem to want to use their apparent unity to drive change. That won't be done when you're in an ongoing relationship with the club.

The only change that matters is Ashley Out.

28 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

What a dickhead.

One of the reasons I've never been able get behind any of the NUST rhetoric is that they're so compliant with the club.

Folks like him are literally part of the problem and are only involved for ego inflation purposes. You only have to hear him on the various platforms to realise he's all about the sound of his own voice.

Should have always been a demonstration element to it and not have people like him above nodding along to the sound of the clubs beat.

Likewise, it was a vehicle to promote the TF platform and to raise more money for TF. Listening to the Athletic podcast last night and they had a couple of fan interviews on. One was a NUST bloke and the other some YouTube lass with a minging accent, both resounding and proud that do not care about the football or result tonight - the easiest pleased fans in all the land.

Was only worsened by Waugh and Caulkin lavishing praise on their good pal.

Anyone still got that A4 Ashley out poster from the man city game 'protest' ? Could do with that being made available to print with Bruce out added too. I really have no faith in our fans tonight 😭

58 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Complicit scab scum. Will quite rightly be lambasted beyond comprehension for having the temerity to go to a football match without actively lynching the manager. Fewmin. 

Give us a wave on the telly. Full strip wanker. 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I do agree with that, I've said many times they should be focusing on protest. I can just (almost) understand that they feel differently, and they aren't just one bloke. 

Appreciate they aren't just one bloke but it looks to me like they're essentially rearranging the tins of beans until a nice new supermarket owner comes along.

That's fine but just be clear with folks that you're not anti-ashley, you're happy to work with Charnley and the wider PL and willing to play the game knowing that you'll only achieve minimal results.

Don't jump on the back of major bad news such as Rafa leaving signalling to supporters that there is some opportunity to influence change when you're not willing to protest.

As for this thing they're getting Caulkin to front, again, you're reliant on an owner willing to give up a % for fan representation.

If you've got that type of owner, you probably don't need the seat at the table. They're willing to listen anyway.

So it's either a glorified charity donation or it's a future PR win for the new owner.

Either way, making fuck all difference to the here and now.

Guest reefatoon

Was originally quite looking forward to this one in the hope of watching Bruce getting stick, but he isn't going too is he?  Don't think I can bring myself to watch it now as he will get no stick whatsoever and it will be fucking infuriating. foot through the telly at the first "Bruce give us a wave"

Just now, reefatoon said:

Was originally quite looking forward to this one in the hope of watching Bruce getting stick, but he isn't going too is he?  Don't think I can bring myself to watch it now as he will get no stick whatsoever and it will be fucking infuriating. foot through the telly at the first "Bruce give us a wave"

Yup im getting that feeling everyones just back to we stayed up and we'll have new owners next season blah blah blah :hunter:

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Yup im getting that feeling everyones just back to we stayed up and we'll have new owners next season blah blah blah :hunter:

There is always an excuse by the match going fans on why they won't kick up a fuss. This one will be because they haven't been to a game for so long.

24 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

There is always an excuse by the match going fans on why they won't kick up a fuss. This one will be because they haven't been to a game for so long.

Ye cannit be having a pop on (checks notes) US Hepatitis Testing Day man.

2 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Half day at work, on the bus home now, back into town for something to eat, then the match. Feels strange to be going back. 

Half day, bite to eat, wind up fans who want better for the club on the match thead, pop into the takeover threads to do the same, then off to the match. Magic eh.

For certain types.