Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

Big River

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Jenas has got a proper little chubb-on for Italy but they've very much been allowed to play. Don't think there's anything here to definitively suggest they're contenders. 

They haven't lost in 26 games now (21 wins), would definitely think they are a contender and even underrated.

Italy were as good as Turkey were horrendous. There's deficiencies upfront but it's a far better side on paper than 2016 and just as well coached as Conte's side were (obviously a totally different style of play). 

I think Italy were decent, not great. They struggled to penetrate until they got an own goal and a pass from the Turkey keeper. Think the raving is a bit over the top.

Weirdly I thought Turkey had a chance at 0-0 and just after half time, just couldn’t sustain anything and were horrible in possession.

Italy the better team but I don’t think this performance will scare anyone good. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I'm delighted to see Insigne and Immobile have their moments at an international tournament. They've never quite hit the potential they were billed to have but have had excellent careers just below the top level.