Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

Big River

1 minute ago, mosstef said:

We are all absolutely in tears here in Denmark. This should've been a fantastic evening with out first ever Euro match at home and then this happens. Praying he makes it!

So horrible. I am praying he makes it.

How do you just get on with your day after seeing that unfold, man? Just hoping beyond hope he's going to pull through and it's another Muamba situation. 

The players are going to need some serious aftercare here. 

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Photographer said he saw him putting a hand on his head when they were walking him out. And moving his eyes.

Great if true but don't think he should be telling people that

Ugh, think I’d likely have whiteyed if I was in the stadium.

Another nail in the BBC’s coffin. Aside from grim fucking spectacle of robot wars commentating on a bloke fighting for his fucking life, and indulging in petty nationalism as the ref was English, it looks like they’ve broken ofcom regs too. Absolutely vile. Producers should be rightly shot with shit.

Just now, Disco said:

Another nail in the BBC’s coffin. Aside from grim fucking spectacle of robot wars commentating on a bloke fighting for his fucking life, and indulging in petty nationalism as the ref was English, it looks like they’ve broken ofcom regs too. 

Aye that was grim.

Saw it mentioned elsewhere but if he pulls through he's so lucky (might not be the right word) it happened on such a big stage with so much medical attention and equipment available

Just now, Disco said:

Another nail in the BBC’s coffin. Aside from grim fucking spectacle of robot wars commentating on a bloke fighting for his fucking life, and indulging in petty nationalism as the ref was English, it looks like they’ve broken ofcom regs too. 

Pearce was lamenting how Christensen was only in a Champions League final a couple of weeks ago and now this.

Thought it was admirable the Denmark players crowding round. Schmeichel et al were brilliant

If he has pulled through (picture looks promising) then the medical staff have done amazingly well

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Thank the lord it looks like he was conscious when leaving the pitch

Incredible if they've saved him, glimpse of him motionless and grey with his eyes locked wide open in the seconds after it happened was harrowing. 

My wife went into v-tach rhythm back in March and had to have compressions and such. Luckily it happened when she was already in the hospital. Had bypass surgery and is now doing great. Can only hope the quick medical response results in something like that or better for him.

1 minute ago, triggs said:

Saw it mentioned elsewhere but if he pulls through he's so lucky (might not be the right word) it happened on such a big stage with so much medical attention and equipment available

I hope he goes on to make a full recovery, but I reckon his football career is finished. Him being alive and well is the most important thing though.

1 minute ago, B-more Mag said:

My wife went into v-tach rhythm back in March and had to have compressions and such. Luckily it happened when she was already in the hospital. Had bypass surgery and is now doing great. Can only hope the quick medical response results in something like that or better for him.

Being next to a great hospital should help him, too.

I've had heart issues all my life and it's scary as fuck, especially when no one really knows what's going on. Was recently given the all clear after 15 years of doctor visits. Really traumatic to see this happen but that picture looks promisng.

2 minutes ago, Bizza said:

UEFA should have pulled the plug on the broadcast as soon as it became apparent it was a serious situation. We didn't need to see him getting CPR or his wife crying ffs.

Aye, the BBC could have cut to the studio much sooner as well.