Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

Big River

7 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Without knowing too much about anything like this would this have been an underlying issue or just random? Kinda scary when it happens to a top athlete. 

Likely genetic. 

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/conditions/sudden-arrhythmic-death-syndrome

Less chance of it being a degenerative condition like cardiomyopathy. 

Small chance of it being down to an electrolyte disturbance but he'd probably not be able to play football with a massively high potassium for instance. 

Tiny chance related to drugs(prescribed or otherwise). 

His whole family will undergo cardiac tests and he will get a pacemaker (defib) 

I'm a cardiac rehab nurse so I support people after events like this. 

Edited by La Parka

So I take it that Eriksen won't be playing professional football again? I know that will be the least of his or his family's worries right now, but just wondering what the protocol is in situations like this?

Just now, TRon said:

So I take it that Eriksen won't be playing professional football again? I know that will be the least of his or his family's worries right now, but just wondering what the protocol is in situations like this?

Far too soon to be thinking about stuff like that, just be thankful he's alive

1 minute ago, TRon said:

If it's cardiac arrhythmia that will be him done. He will get a pacemaker with a defib that will fire if it happens again. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127980/amp/Fabrice-Muamba-pacemaker-fitted.html

Edited by La Parka

1 minute ago, TRon said:

The two cases we've had earlier (one with a footballer, one with a handball player) resulted in the persons going into coaching instead of playing. 

1 minute ago, La Parka said:

If it's cardiac arrhythmia that will be him done. He will get a pacemaker with a defib that will fire if it happens again. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127980/amp/Fabrice-Muamba-pacemaker-fitted.html

Thanks, I assumed as much. As I said, it's not really important considering the gravity of the situation, was just curious.