Group C (Austria, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Ukraine)

Big River

Guest HTT II

Really enjoyable game, loving it. This tournament is gonna throw up some new names in world football definitely!

That was a cracking game. 

Am I right in thinking it's never really clicked for Yarmolenko at West Ham? Seems a bit of a strange one, such a talent. 

Was impressed with a lot of players there. Thought Wijndal and Dumfries were both excellent. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

That was a cracking game. 

Am I right in thinking it's never really clicked for Yarmolenko at West Ham? Seems a bit of a strange one, such a talent. 

Was impressed with a lot of players there. Thought Wijndal and Dumfries were both excellent. 

A lot of talent but doesn't have the right attitude to produce consistently.

Anybody enjoying this tournament more than any football they've watched in over a year? 

The football is never as well oiled as top level club football. In fact some of it ventures from the chaotic to terrible. But I'm finding it far more engaging. A lot of it might be to do with having fans back in the stands. 

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Anybody enjoying this tournament more than any football they've watched in over a year? 

The football is never as well oiled as top level club football. In fact some of it ventures from the chaotic to terrible. But I'm finding it far more engaging. A lot of it might be to do with having fans back in the stands. 

100% - this has been really enjoyable so far 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

World Cup/Euros are always the best thing in football

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

We get it Sewelly, you dont like restrictions

Spoiler

Safety ;) 

Agree. Probably for all the reasons you explained. Love the chaos.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It's been a great weekend aside from the awful incident yesterday. I'm feeling a new lease of life as a football fan. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It’s a welcome break from ‘normal’ footy if that makes sense!

There are so many things that are better in international football compared to club football. Actually caring about your team and having nothing to do with billionaire owners and money in general are the main things for me. 

Edited by Pata

I think club football for me, at the top level, has a feeling of being at times almost too perfect. The teams are all such well oiled machines who know each other's every move on the pitch. And all the players are so familiar to us. Particularly over the last year without fans being there it has descended into something resembling training games at times - with the sense of theatre and chaos removed. 

You get to an international tournament and that all goes out of the window. The players are all thrown together pretty much on the day and just have to make it work. There's a brilliant randomness to it all. Players like Alaba and Zinchenko go from being left backs and centre backs for all conquering super clubs to starring midfielders for middling sides. Even now, with wall-to-wall coverage, there's new names playing who you've not really heard of.