Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

On 08/06/2021 at 23:02, ToonArmy1892 said:

I didn't even realise Wan-Bissaka wasn't in the squad till just now, that is madness.

John Barnes: “Look at Aaron Wan-Bissaka - he is our best right back by far in this country. But because he is not as good on the ball as the others, he got unfairly overlooked. So when we [England] come up against a team like France, that is when you don't need a marauding player who will be more comfortable whipping in crosses and free-kicks in attacking areas. Everyone is clamouring for attacking right backs or number tens, but do not pay enough respect to players who are out and out defenders or defensive midfielders. It doesn't matter if Southgate plays four or five at the back, if you don't have players who can defend properly, it is immaterial."

960.jpg 

9 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Hope Scotland qualify with us, like. 2nd, though.

Got a feeling they’ll come through in 3rd. Knowing Scotland though they’ll lose tamely v Czech Republic 0-2 in their first match and that’ll be that.

18 hours ago, joeyt said:

See Paddy Power have opened up a fan park at Riverside

Just the £150 for one table 

That includes 12 pints, unlimited soft drinks (handy when you go on shorts) and the table for 4 hours.

I'm going to try and book it for the last 16 game in London just in case we don't manage to get tickets. Works out at £16 a head basically for the seats since there's 5 of us.

Can’t bring myself to watch or support England games. Too many unlikeable characters involved like yes man Southgate and Mings who should be behibd bars for what he did to Oliveria, as well as the bbc and sky ramming agendas down peoples throats and telling them how they should think. People just want to switch off from the news and enjoy football as an escape ffs

Edited by CalmintheChaos

2 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Can’t bring myself to watch or support England games.

Good, will look forward to you having precisely fuck all to say before, during and after the games. 

3 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Can’t bring myself to watch or support England games. Too many unlikeable characters involved like yes man Southgate and Mings who should be behibd bars for what he did to Oliveria, as well as the bbc and sky ramming agendas down peoples throats and telling them how they should think. People just want to switch off from the news and enjoy football as an escape ffs

What agendas out of interest?

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What agendas out of interest?

Telling everyone how they should act over taking a knee and what they should and shouldn’t do and people arguing about it I just don’t care either way about it and don’t want to hear about it all, it’s why I have no telly an avoid the news on purpose as it’s all just divisive and negative. I like to watch football as a way to relax not have debates about should people boo applaud kneel not kneel etc just can’t be chewed with it so will be avoiding the England games as can see it been the majority of the pre and post match discussion 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Quit your hard on over players taking the fucking knee and just enjoy the footy man FFS, why would anyone let such a thing get in the way of enjoying some footy. Such spite man FFS [emoji38]

5 hours ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Telling everyone how they should act over taking a knee and what they should and shouldn’t do and people arguing about it I just don’t care either way about it and don’t want to hear about it all, it’s why I have no telly an avoid the news on purpose as it’s all just divisive and negative. I like to watch football as a way to relax not have debates about should people boo applaud kneel not kneel etc just can’t be chewed with it so will be avoiding the England games as can see it been the majority of the pre and post match discussion 

You're a moron. 

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You're a moron. 

Eh? Bit out of hand isn’t it calling someone a moron as they don’t want to watch England games due to all this attached to it. Ah your probably some BLM nut who thinks anyone who isn’t in favour of players kneeling on the pitch before kick off is some raving racist. Ok then. I can’t be bothered with the back and forth that is going to happen over it all.

I Don’t care and don’t want to hear about it all so I’m not watching or getting involved in it. Quite a simple non offensive comment really that didn’t warrant abuse.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

6 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Eh? Bit out of hand isn’t it calling someone a moron as they don’t want to watch England games due to all this attached to it. Ah your probably some BLM nut who thinks anyone who isn’t in favour of players kneeling on the pitch before kick off is some raving racist. Ok then. I can’t be bothered with the back and forth that is going to happen over it all.

I Don’t care and don’t want to hear about it all so I’m not watching or getting involved in it. Quite a simple non offensive comment really that didn’t warrant abuse.

:lol: Youre a moron for saying "telling everyone how to act" and "ramming agendas down peoples throats".  I suppose we're all lucky we wont have to be reading your tripe about it any more, at least. Bye. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Youre a moron for saying "telling everyone how to act" and "ramming agendas down peoples throats".  I suppose we're all lucky we wont have to be reading your tripe about it any more, at least. Bye. 

They are telling everyone how to act though that’s fact. Plenty don’t agree with it and they are saying people have to agree with it and applaud it.  I would say that is telling people how to act. So freedom of speech and thought doesn’t exist anymore does it? Everyone has to agree with taking a knee. Everything is just one way now and can’t be debated or questioned or even say people don’t want it involved in football. Ok then. 

3 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Refusing to support your nation or even manage to watch the games because of a 2 second gesture, which can be easily ignored, is a bit weird like. 

It’s not just that tbf that’s just the last thing I just can’t be chewed with all the hype again and I really don’t like Southgate. Draining enough supporting NUFC without England on top 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

Guest HTT II

I for one will be taking the knee when we kick off, to tie my shoe laces at least. Come on England, let’s have a great feast of a footy tournament which has been delayed due to Covid, again I can’t fucking wait.