Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

6 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

You just can’t handle anyone having a different oppinion than yourself. Well guess what loads of people don’t agree with taking a knee. I bet as least as many disagree with it as that do agree. You left lot make out like it’s 110% the correct thing to do with no room for debate and just call anyone who is against it racist or moron etc. Rampant racism in this country ffs :lol: I mean I’m open to accepting maybe racism is a bigger problem than I think here but not to some level where it’s rampant or like we are back in the 70s!

State of this debate on a football forum at a tournament that is supposed to be enjoyable and an escape. All I’ve seen all weekend is people arguing about this. 

22 year old millionaire and England captain Rashford saying how people want to see him fail and how he gets stopped from having opportunities. Nonsense. How do you think white families who are on the breadline who went to the riverside last weekend who have nowt and struggle on daily feel hearing Rashford tell them how hard he has had it. It works both ways.

The knee taking only started off the back of a career criminal from the other side of the world which is no reflection at all on this country.  America may well have major issues yes but we don’t need that shit bringing over here and told we are the same, maybe that’s why people boo? Also if it’s not political whats with all the black power fists that plenty of players do? Looks pretty political to me. 

It is mine and plenty of others view that we don’t agree with it or want to be part of it. It’s a perfectly reasonable stance it’s not North Korea ffs having the government and media telling you how to think and act. This whole thing has caused more division and done more harm than good, maybe that’s what they want? Yes it’s petty not watching England due to it but I can’t stand Southgate and most the players anyhow. Joke Southgate is even manager at all really. Be great to hear that Croatia have humbled them. 

No one's asking you to be part of it. The players want to do it and now you won't watch them because of it - what about their free speech? And you talk about someone not being able to handle other people's opinions.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Sorry you have both had to experience such shit which no-one should have to. I’ve experienced it myself with my wife and I dread my boys having to someday too. Hopefully I’ll have armed them enough mentally, emotionally, educationally and intellectually to overcome such issues and to know that this world of ours can be unpleasant and so can people, but by and large people are good and it’s a good world we live in. People just need to be nice to one another it’s really not difficult and very simple. 

If I went to China or Asia to work wouldn’t I be subjected to insults here and there for been white? I mean I could name several places in England where if I walked down I would get abuse for been white and more than likely assaulted. Works both ways. Knee taking isn’t going to do a single thing other than cause more division especially when like it or not it’s associated with that criminal scumbag George Floyd. Until been white is stopped been seen as some master race then this will never end. I mean most classes at schools now seem to be half white/half non white so it’s not like been non white has you in a minority growing up like it would have done decades ago. Plenty of schools where white kids are the minority.

3 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

No one's asking you to be part of it. The players want to do it and now you won't watch them because of it - what about their free speech? And you talk about someone not being able to handle other people's opinions.

Because I know what the build up and post match is largely going to be about and i want to watch and hear about football not all the storm that is inevitably going to come from this today. I’m almost certain it’s all been pushed so much to cause more division and friction. Do any other countries in Europe do it out of interest and I wonder if there FA pushes it like ours do and I bet England is a lot more tolerant and diverse than most european countries.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

If I went to China or Asia to work wouldn’t I be subjected to insults here and there for been white? I mean I could name several places in England where if I walked down I would get abuse for been white and more than likely assaulted. Works both ways. Knee taking isn’t going to do a single thing other than cause more division especially when like it or not it’s associated with that criminal scumbag George Floyd. Until been white is stopped been seen as some master race then this will never end. I mean most classes at schools now seem to be half white/half non white so it’s not like been non white has you in a minority growing up like it would have done decades ago. Plenty of schools where white kids are the minority.

Wow [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Fair point but I believe they are been forced into it rather than wanting to do it. I bet they would rather focus on football and not have all this brewing around them if they could.

Just now, HTT II said:

Wow [emoji38]

I don’t know if I would but I’m guessing if I went to Asia to work around dozens maybe hundreds of Asians that a minority would call me names or nicknames for been white? 

So you are telling me if I walked down certain areas of Luton or Bradford last night I wouldn’t be at risk of getting jumped for been white? As i would say there is a good chance I would. I’ve even been told that off people who live in areas like that. Just saying it’s not all a one way thing.

54 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t particularly agree with the taking of the knee because I don’t like football to become political - exactly the same with poppy-gate later in the year. But, is it harming anyone? No. Does it make some people feel included/given the opportunity to raise their cause? Yes. That’s fine by me.

Thats a non argument to me. A lot of racists and the easily led can hide behind it.

Football has ALWAYS been political. And always will be. Whether its singing the national anthems, the minutes silence for remembrance day or whatever, the bosman ruling, foreign owners,  the denied takeovers, the world cup being awarded to certain countries, fans singing certain songs, theres many many examples.

If we took the politics out of football, the game would be reduced to kids in the park, jumpers for goalposts etc. But even that would be political, as some of the kids would be going hungry.

9 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Didsbury?

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Thats a non argument to me. A lot of racists and the easily led can hide behind it.

Football has ALWAYS been political. And always will be. Whether its singing the national anthems, the minutes silence for remembrance day or whatever, the bosman ruling, foreign owners,  the denied takeovers, the world cup being awarded to certain countries, fans singing certain songs, theres many many examples.

If we took the politics out of football, the game would be reduced to kids in the park, jumpers for goalposts etc. But even that would be political, as some of the kids would be going hungry.

I mean remembrance day and the poppy are events that have gone on for decades for factual events where men have laid their lives down for the greater good. Not some empty gesture as Marcus Rashford has had 0.0000000000001% of his social media following trolling him for a reaction. 

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Didsbury?

Never been wouldn’t know but I know there are certain areas where a white man would definitely be at risk. It works both ways and things have 2 sides and are open for debate not just the FA telling us England has gone back to like it was in the 70s and bananas will be back on the pitch soon and been black means that people want to stop your path to making it as a pro footballer which is quite clearly rubbish by the amount of diverse players we have in the game in this country. Andy Cole, ASM, Willock, Ferdinand and Asprilla, they were hero worshipped! Nobody cared what colour they were. Yes they were all really good but let’s look at joelinton, he is regarded as been poor and gets loads of grief but I’ve never heard or seen anyone racially abuse him ffs

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I mean remembrance day and the poppy are events that have gone on for decades for factual events where men have laid their lives down for the greater good. Not some empty gesture as Marcus Rashford has had 0.0000000000001% of his social media following trolling him for a reaction. 

Weird. You’re fully supportive of the gestures for white British people, but not others? Those are ‘factual events’ in your opinion. So what are you saying about racism? Is that not a factual event?

I don’t care what percentage of Rashford’s twitter following are racist towards him. Even one person is too many.

How many lives matter at war to you in that case? Can one person die without being remembered, because it’s only 0.1% of the British Army?

You’re not racist at all though.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

It’s the likes of this fucking whopper who politicise football, not Rashford, or taking the knee. Let’s kick Kick Racism Out Of Football for politicising the game and lets show the red card to Show Racism The Red Card too while we are at it, oh and ban all National Anthems, in fact do away with international football full stop, it politicises football based on nationality. Heil Hitler! 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I don’t know if I would but I’m guessing if I went to Asia to work around dozens maybe hundreds of Asians that a minority would call me names or nicknames for been white? 

So you are telling me if I walked down certain areas of Luton or Bradford last night I wouldn’t be at risk of getting jumped for been white? As i would say there is a good chance I would. I’ve even been told that off people who live in areas like that. Just saying it’s not all a one way thing.

Two wrongs don’t make a right FFS!

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, Sima said:

Didsbury?

I’d add sunderland to that list. I was once racially abused in sunderland for being black and white. The daft thing about all of this is I’m actually fucking pinkish. The daft cunts can’t even read ha ha ha ha ha 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right FFS!

I know they don’t just saying it’s not all one way and that we aren’t a nation of national front lovers. I’ve said I’m open to accepting that is is probably slightly more of an issue than I think but i do believe it’s all been blown out of proportion and resent been made out like we are a country of racists where blacks can’t have anything when that’s so far from reality and the truth. Hearing Sterling is starting is enough to put me off regardless. And what about Mings?! How come it never gets mentioned he should be in jail for what he did to Oliverias face not pleading how hard done by he is. He’s lucky lucky man to be roaming the streets still lets have it right. You stamp all over someone’s face on purpose you get 3 years 

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Weird. You’re fully supportive of the gestures for white British people, but not others? Those are ‘factual events’ in your opinion. So what are you saying about racism? Is that not a factual event?

I don’t care what percentage of Rashford’s twitter following are racist towards him. Even one person is too many.

How many lives matter at war to you in that case? Can one person die without being remembered, because it’s only 0.1% of the British Army?

You’re not racist at all though.

So you want it at zero? That’s never going to happen. I resent the way it’s been made out to be a problem and that we are a country of national front lovers over 0.0000000001% ( who may well not even be from this country)

It’s like us having 5 people in jail for murder or rape and saying we have a massive problem with rape in this country. You are never going to get a crime, which is what racial abuse is, down to zero. 

Anyhow what a way to spend a Sunday morning cheers the FA. Might turn it on once the games started to hopefully watch Croatia pass England off the pitch and little arms to drop a clanger. I don’t see any of the nations on the continent doing this for some criminal from America.

Edited by CalmintheChaos

2 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I know they don’t just saying it’s not all one way and that we aren’t a nation of national front lovers. I’ve said I’m open to accepting that is is probably slightly more of an issue than I think but i do believe it’s all been blown out of proportion and resent been made out like we are a country of racists where blacks can’t have anything when that’s so far from reality and the truth. Hearing Sterling is starting is enough to put me off regardless. And what about Mings?! How come it never gets mentioned he should be in jail for what he did to Oliverias face not pleading how hard done by he is. He’s lucky lucky man to be roaming the streets still lets have it right. You stamp all over someone’s face on purpose you get 3 years 

Fucking hell.

1. That terminology is so outdated. Try not to use personal characteristics as a way of defining someone.

2. Fuck off. I had to rewatch this incident as I could barely remember it. It was clearly unintentional as part of the fall, which is clearly evident in Mings’ reaction. Prison and ‘stamping all over someone’s face’ ffs.

Fucking dreadful opinions you have. Utterly dangerous.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Is a black criminal - should be killed by a white police officer

Scouser doesn’t have a ticket - should be crushed at Hillsborough

Black player makes a bad tackle - should get 3 years in jail

Makes a serious of fucking abhorrent posts on a forum - should….

You’re by far the biggest fucking no nowt jumped up little simpleton to ever (dis)grace this forum. Carry on! 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Is a black criminal - should be killed by a white police officer

Scouser doesn’t have a ticket - should be crushed at Hillsborough

Black player makes a bad tackle - should get 3 years in jail

Makes a serious of fucking abhorrent posts on a forum - should….

You’re by far the biggest fucking no nowt jumped up little simpleton to ever (dis)grace this forum. Carry on! 

When did I say that stop putting words in my mouth man and accept there is plenty of people (millions) who don’t agree and/or don’t want to see knee taking before a football match. There only “abhorrent” as you and the pack on here don’t agree. Least I speak my mind. I bet 50% of the country would agree with me going off the reactions to the knee taking, speaking to people at work and online off this forum. Accept it’s a two way thing and people are allowed a different view to what is been pushed 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

So you want it at zero? That’s never going to happen. I resent the way it’s been made out to be a problem and that we are a country of national front lovers over 0.0000000001% ( who may well not even be from this country)

It’s like us having 5 people in jail for murder or rape and saying we have a massive problem with rape in this country. You are never going to get a crime, which is what racial abuse is, down to zero. 

Anyhow what a way to spend a Sunday morning cheers the FA. Might turn it on once the games started to hopefully watch Croatia pass England off the pitch and little arms to drop a clanger. I don’t see any of the nations on the continent doing this for some criminal from America.

We don’t have five people in jail for racial-fuelled incidents - we have hundreds, if not thousands.

1-E30-B93-E-EB12-4-BF5-9998-AE68816-A067

What about this data? It’s not a growing problem, is it not? It’s okay because it’s only ‘a few’ people. 200+ incidents every. single. day. 200+ people affected by something, every. single. day.

It’s fine… nothing to see here. And that’s just the reported incidents, ignoring all of the daily jibes or micro aggressions.

Get your fucking head out of the sand.