Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Racist [emoji38] so nobody can be against taking the knee now then. Ok. 

No, I consider that you are racist because of your brazenly incorrect and over generalised negative stereotyping of black people and Asian people. 

I’m interested in hearing your answer to my questions to you, please.

It's a stand against racism, sexism and homophobia, they've said so on numerous occasions, every single person should be for it, I'm not sure why people are against it.

At the end of the day, no person should be abused or tormented be it in real life of online due to a characteristic of the way they look, or due to there personality. It's pretty fucking simple. That's a message pretty much everyone should be on board with, It's a simple 8 second gesture. If you're against it, if you're booing it, if you think it's wrong, you're the people they're trying to convince, and part of the problem, and need to educate yourself, and get out of you're little bubble.

In regards to the "whole of the UK is racist" thing from a few pages back, I disagree slightly with it, I don't think (atleast where I am in Cornwall) that people are openly racist, IE they're could have a normal conversation with a person of another race and not really think twice. Personally I think a lot of people are just ignorant to the fact that some of there thoughts processes and discussions are brought from systematic racism from years gone, and arguably these are the sort of people that need convincing the most, more so then the bigot who actually do shout the bile.

So by continuing the taking of the knee, and keeping this stand at the forefront of there mind, these people slowly get bought round, even people like Calm will one day, as if he doesn't he will be in a very small minority.

13 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

No, I consider that you are racist because of your brazenly incorrect and over generalised negative stereotyping of black people and Asian people. 

I’m interested in hearing your answer to my questions to you, please.

:clap: Absolutely fantastic set of posts and summed up perfectly (and much more eloquently than me).

The team have made it perfectly clear that it's an anti-racism gesture. Anyone who boos that wants kicking out and banning for life, racist pricks. They'd be the first to whine about their free speech too, despite trying to stop the team exercising their right to free speech on a topic that should be pretty fucking uncontroversial to anyone with half a braincell.

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Pickford

Walker Stones Mings Trippier

Phillips  Rice

Sterling  Mount  Foden

Kane

State of that [emoji38] a top striker and a couple of good attacking midfielders and the rest of it bang average at tournament level and people think England have a chance [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

State of that [emoji38] a top striker and a couple of good attacking midfielders and the rest of it bang average at tournament level and people think England have a chance [emoji38]

You could say the same thing about Belgium last night and look how they did. 

I think there's a lot parallels between the Belgium and England sides. A world class striker supported by an abundance of talent in attacking midfield, but a questionable defence and a tactically questionable manager.

I actually prefer this England squad to previous ones. We had almost too many superstar players and we were constantly trying to shoehorn them all in together, to the detriment of the team.

Not gonna spend to much time in this thread but i do think people are over hyping us again and underestimating Croatia, Nufc and England go toe and toe for me bad decisions costing us.                     Sir Bobby to souness 

Rafa to Bruce 

Sven to mcClaren 

Fabio to Roy to then Southgate 

I would have went Shaw or Chilwell at LB and Coady for Mings(don't rate him much at all tbh)

Other than that it could have been a lot worse given Southgates natural conservative approach to things.

Don't get the knocking of our squad.

All countries have stronger departments than others most of the time. Very rare for a full team to be brimming with the best fullbacks, centre halves, midfielders and forwards a country has ever had. Even the great West German sides of the 70s had weaker areas than others.

Would I want a Moore, Ferdinand,Terry or Adams available ...of course but our best centre halves are more than decent enough, if fit and in form.

All in all I think we are in a decent position to push for a semi final place, we won't be we could!

Edited by George Bailey
spelling