Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

Guest HTT II

This commentator is as annoying as Sutton, commentating like he’s doing it for radio and not live TV where we don’t need every single aspect of play mentioned. 

Edited by HTT II

Great, my bairn has just repeated 'He didn't see shit coming?'

Me: Erm, what? 

Him: That's what the man said, he didn't see shit coming.

Her: Schick, didn't see schick coming, the footballer's name is schick

Him: Oh, i thought he said...

Me: Yeah i know what you thought he said but he didn't so stop repeating it.

FFS [emoji38]

Nothing wrong with our lineup but I’d like to see Grealish in there against teams where we’re going to see more of the ball, spend the majority of the game in their half and have to break them down 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Nothing wrong with our lineup but I’d like to see Grealish in there against teams where we’re going to see more of the ball, spend the majority of the game in their half and have to break them down 

I think it's a terrible lineup. Sterling was useless apart from his goal. Grealish or Sancho or both should be starting. 

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think it's a terrible lineup. Sterling was useless apart from his goal. Grealish or Sancho or both should be starting. 

Well, we obviously see it differently. Personally think we look extremely solid, think Foden and Sterling will terrorise them but would have liked to see Grealish

53 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Feels like I’ve been saying essentially the same thing about England for about 40 years. Only the names change.

Guest HTT II

Howay England and I’ve got Sterling down as our top scorer in this tournament, I fancy him to notch again tonight! Here is hoping anyway! 

28 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Would be surprised if we don’t win this by at least two. If we score early it could be a complete thumping.

How often do we actually get an early goal or two on the board? Genuine question, because confirmation bias tells me that we always start great but rarely take advantage.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

How often do we actually get an early goal or two on the board? Genuine question, because confirmation bias tells me that we always start great but rarely take advantage.

Never. Although law of averages should mean that’ll happen eventually :lol: