Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I see what you're saying, but moment-to-moment during that game, we were so flat and laborious both in attack and defense and that was present from the first minute. So, it's not surprising whatsoever that the crowd eventually lost patience and the blame for that primarily resides with the management's approach to the game.

Mings' interview afterwards also suggested the players just weren't really that motivated and if that's an issue facing Scotland for the first time in how many years in a major competition at Wembley, then that's very strange and suggests complacency in the set-up. 

It’s not surprising, sure, I was groaning on my couch after all. But when you’re at the game you’re actively participating in the match, and whether it’s “justified” or not, you’re decreasing the chances of your team winning. And that is a #fact. 

26 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

yeah, which is why I am really not understadning this rimming of Billy Gilmour. Our midfield is ass, and yeah he can pass five yards pretty well. This always happens.

He was superb considering it was his first start for Scotland. No one is rimming him we are just excited about the prospect of him in a Scotland midfield in the coming years. 

Compare the plaudits Gilmour got to the ‘rimming’ Phillips got after the Croatia game. Incomparable but that’s your English media for you. Complete hype and low & behold he was shite against Scotland 

Edited by gdm

Admiring Scotland's organization there. Sterling had only one option to pass and even if he had taken that pass, it is not like the player (Reece James?) had many other options to pass through. Scotland were easily marshalling and marking the players in the center. 

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, TheAlien said:

Top fella [emoji38] god you are clueless he’s a utter wanker man. Scum. Lucky not to be in jail stamping on players faces on purpose and going to a black supremacist march. Top fella :lol: fuck off man he’s lucky to be a free man for starters 

Go away you racist cunt!

18 minutes ago, STM said:

It's ironic that someone so racist would name himself Alien. [emoji38]

ALM. 

Alien is tubestationatmidnight?  Did I understand that correctly?

...smell like pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs, and too many right-wing meetings...

England, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany all dropping points. At least three of them have had proper stinkers too, so it's not just us. Hopefully we'll feel buoyed by this, take the Scotland game as "we avoided disaster," and overcome the tactical mishaps going into our last game. A good win and it's game on again, but I wouldn't rule out another draw against an opponent that will surely be confident. 

Italy looking strongest so far. 

Mind you, if we do draw against Czech Republic I can't say I'd fear any one of Spain/Slovakia/Poland/Sweden. As long as it's not another stinking performance, a draw might do very nicely indeed.