Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

13 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Mount and Chilwell have to isolate now. 

yet nobody from Scotland has had to yet? Find it hard to believe no one in the scottish camp has been in close contact with him at any point recently 

Doesn’t matter if they test negative though, once you’re identified as a close contact you have to self isolate. Can see this one kicking off as the wording of England’s statement seems to be we’re trying to get round it and football again might get a pass that us normal people wouldn’t get.

If Mount and Chilwell have to self isolate due to that though then the whole Scotland squad will need to surely as they’ve definitely been as close to him as that, Clarke was hugging him at the end ffs and there’s video of Robertson and Mginn playing table tennis with him etc.

It’s shite but there’s loads that should have to isolate now unfortunately

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Doesn’t matter if they test negative though, once you’re identified as a close contact you have to self isolate. Can see this one kicking off as the wording of England’s statement seems to be we’re trying to get round it and football again might get a pass that us normal people wouldn’t get.

If Mount and Chilwell have to self isolate due to that though then the whole Scotland squad will need to surely as they’ve definitely been as close to him as that, Clarke was hugging him at the end ffs and there’s video of Robertson and Mginn playing table tennis with him etc.

It’s shite but there’s loads that should have to isolate now unfortunately

It is odd Scotland seem to be getting different advice on this, I get Scotland runs its own health system but as far as I heard it was even stricter than Englands so the fucks going on if Public Health England are saying to England these need to isolate yet no one from the scottish camp has to? 

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Not a weird one, sheer madness and utter nonsense. 

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it makes sense them isolating as a precaution because lateral flow tests can miss cases. But I don't get why they'd be self-isolating and none of Scotland squad would have to.

Seems like a weird law in general. Even if you test negative you still have to isolate when surely you could test again a few days later rather than always doing the 10 days. It’s a waste of people’s time that proves disruptive and undermines the tests in my opinion. Yes they aren’t completely accurate but there has to be a balanced approach somewhere. 

17 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Why didn't uefa require vaccinations for all players? Or the various FAs? Madness.

Not all players will have had chance to get vaccinated yet, depending on age and a country's vaccine supply.Including Eng/Sco/Wales players will be too young to have had two doses and the two weeks after that.

7 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Yeah it makes no difference. Plus at least you get the last 16 game at Wembo. Might as well have a crack at them there. 

We get another game at Wembo if we finish first? That’s it for me. Play for 2nd.