Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Did I just hear booing and racist chanting when  Watkins came on?!

Thought it was just me. Couple of blokes near the camera chanting 'Paki bastards' wasn't it? :anguish:

England fans being racist cunts shocker.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Thought it was just me. Couple of blokes near the camera chanting 'Paki bastards' wasn't it? :anguish:

Err, it's not England fans, it's the sub human locals. Same would have happened in Burnley, Sunderland etc. Brexit right wing morons innit.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

'Patrick Bamford' from a bunch of Leeds fans, apparently. :lol:

Turns out it was Bamford. :lol: Ah well. Shame with all the booing of the taking the knee and the reputation that England fans have that thoughts went immediately to racism like, but hey ho. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I didn't see today's game but it's good that we've picked up two wins without conceding despite not playing well in either of them. I can't speak for today but I honestly don't think the Austria one was any sort of barometer. Rustiness, unfamiliar team, people booing tolerance, an opponent flying into tackles like their future depended in it... 

I wouldn't be aghast if we had a poor tournament because it would be utterly typical, especially for us, when we're all dying for a sweet tonic like a good England run to cleanse us from Bruceball. And if that happens Southgate will be rightly criticised and promptly jettisoned. But I've got loads of confidence that we'll do well and that these friendlies are no indication of performances to come.