Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

Big River

It wasn't a classic performance from either there but I think it's clear that France are still very much the real deal. Varane, Kate, both so solid, Mbappe terrifying on the break. That was 3-0 really, which is a lot more emphatic and would've had the rest of us quaking. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Would fancy us to do Germany based on tonight. Lacking a bit of quality.

France terrify me though. 

Aye as soon as we meet France its owa so hopefully avoid them last 16 to keep the fun going for a bit.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Would fancy us to do Germany based on tonight. Lacking a bit of quality.

France terrify me though. 

think there is a scenario where Portugal win the group on goal difference 

I know the manager left him out a few times but surely Germany still don't need to be playing Muller, especially leaving him on for the whole game. Albeit I haven't watched him much in the Bundesliga recently

Think he's the worst good player I've ever seen

38 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Pogba was unreal today. Disappointed for him as much as I am Mbappe and Benzema for having the goals disallowed. He started them.

Seems the perfect balance in midfield for him to do well in. Kante with either Rabiot or Tolisso gives him so much freedom. 

Germany looked a bit ordinary last night, France look powerful tho. 

France has so much depth, i dont think anyone can match them for squad strength.

The crunch game in this group will be Portugal v Germany.  

Funnily enough, thought Pogba was a bit too clumsy for that offisde goal. But, in the main, he did have a good game. France should be going far this tournament, was a good performance. 

I spent the game watching Mueller for the most part.

Absolutely facinating watching him just drift around, looking for space.

Obviously he didnt have the best of games but I'm sure he'll come good.

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

I know the manager left him out a few times but surely Germany still don't need to be playing Muller, especially leaving him on for the whole game. Albeit I haven't watched him much in the Bundesliga recently

Think he's the worst good player I've ever seen

Was top of the assists by miles in the season gone. Obviously having the best striker in the world helps with that like which Germany absolutely do not have.

37 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

He’s one of my favourite players, love him. Would’ve loved him to come to the PL at some point, although never know what team he’d fit into.

Confused by whatever that system was by Germany but I guess anyone would struggle when France have Kante and Pogba in that form. I mean Pogba in that mood is unplayable. 

41 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s one of my favourite players, love him. Would’ve loved him to come to the PL at some point, although never know what team he’d fit into.

Thats a good point, where in the PL would he fit in? Ive no idea.

In the sense that he just drifts around hes almost a luxury player, but his end product as @Disco pointed out is excellent so hes anything but.

Under rated i feel.

4 hours ago, Lazarus said:

I have been fascinated with Mueller for ages. Read so many articles about trying to understand his game. If you look at his physical skillset and ability on the ball, it is not that great. There is this great line about him in a guardian article

"Müller can’t beat you with his close ball control, he can’t beat you with his pace, and he can’t beat you with his dribbling skills. He just beats you."

Two really good articles about him if you are interested:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/23/thomas-muller-modest-assassin-bayern-munich-germany#:~:text=In%20other%20words%2C%20M%C3%BCller%20can,a%20legendary%20namesake%2C%20Gerd%20M%C3%BCller.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/03/31/thomas-muller-the-first-and-possible-last-ramdeuter/