Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

Big River

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don't like this French team. Bunch of great names but it doesn't really come together convincingly often enough.

I've always felt watching them that it's the quality of individuals that win them games rather than the tactics of the manager. 

Edited by toon25

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Manager imo. It should be hella easy to manage this lot lol.

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I've always felt watching them that it's the quality of individuals that win them games rather than the tactics of the manager. 

Yeah, they don't really play as a team. Deschamps is defensive minded first too. Wenger managing this team would make them absolutely terrifying. They should be annihilating teams far more often.

Edited by KaKa

Guest neesy111

They bottled it in 2016, should've won it then.

Defensively they look fragile, never been Varane's biggest fan.

Are we, as a fancied team who recently shit the bed against a low-ranked side, allowed to feel somewhat enthused by the tournament favourites doing the exact same thing? Not that I saw the game. 

Looking forward to Portugal-Germany, hope it's a great game. 

Well France can console themselves with fact they're world champions and have just beaten Germany. For England though this currently looks like the usual hype then fail routine.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Are we, as a fancied team who recently shit the bed against a low-ranked side, allowed to feel somewhat enthused by the tournament favourites doing the exact same thing? Not that I saw the game. 

Looking forward to Portugal-Germany, hope it's a great game. 

Every time there's an international tournament, everyone seems to forget every tournament they've seen previously, where there is almost never a team that conquers all. 

France were extremely ordinary in their easy group at WC2018, and Portugal at the previous Euros finished 3rd in the group and qualified by the skin of their teeth.

Just now, Pata said:

Gnabry was offside and you can't say he didn't affect the game. What's the problem?

I think his fringe was offside and he didn't even get close to the ball. No advantage gained, no sense in it being disallowed. Aka standard pedantic VAR shite. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think his fringe was offside and he didn't even get close to the ball. No advantage gained, no sense in it being disallowed. Aka standard pedantic VAR shite. 

I'm pretty sure the lino flagged it and VAR just checked it afterwards as they should.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Pata said:

I'm pretty sure the lino flagged it and VAR just checked it afterwards as they should.

Ah, hadn't realised the lino had flagged, that somehow makes it more palatable.