Pre-Season 2021/22 - Newcastle United 3-0 Norwich City

On 20/05/2021 at 16:05, GWN said:

To be fair I never take any fuking notice of pre season games , tell you absolutely nothing in truth.

Still, a good indicator of a club's status.

I just know Bruce will rock up at the end of July with a half eaten tube of pringles in his hoof and say "right who are we playing then" 

Edited by Ben
Spelling

37 minutes ago, LV said:

I remember when we used to play teams like Juventus in pre-season :'(

Thing is, I know with Covid it makes the logistics of playing teams from abroad more difficult, but it’s the same every season. Playing a few top level teams within the preseason programme is surely a better preparation for being ready for when the PL starts. I can understand playing a couple of games against lower level opposition, but we seem to only play games against mainly all teams from leagues below.

Well, we did play Gateshead and maybe a Hartlepool or Boro in previous pre season. Then we'd go off to Portugal or Holland or some other European country to play some of their clubs but none of theit big ones as they would have fucked off to play in the US in some shitty Super League orgy.

Think we went to play in the US when Pardew and Ben Arfa was here too right? 

Edited by nufcjb

Not a fan of them going abroad for pre season, no point especially now .

plenty on these shores to get them fit, plus it will help out some smaller clubs finances .

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Couple of lower league teams, couple of matches abroad in Holland, Portugal for example, 1-2 away games against Championship clubs, home game against good European opposition. 

That’s how I think it should be done.

That's how we always do it 

• 3 weeks later...