Fulham 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/05/21 - Post-match reaction from page 6

BlueStar

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

Talking shite.

For two thirds of this season we where utterly abysmal, one bit of form doesnt change that fact.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We have finished 17 points clear of the relegation zone, fucking how?

Because the bottom three were disgraceful. The six teams above the drop were basically interchangeable. All varying shades of shite. 

Just now, samptime29 said:

We are 17 points clear of relegation and scored 46 goals. [emoji38][emoji38]

Not sure what that does to change my point? Did you actually watch us before the Brighton game? 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Not sure what that does to change my point? Did you actually watch us before the Brighton game? 

You're not "easily in the worst 3 teams in the league" if you finish 17 points clear of relegation. It's not difficult to understand. :lol::lol:

Just now, samptime29 said:

You're not "easily in the worst 3 teams in the league" if you finish 17 points clear of relegation. It's not difficult to understand. :lol::lol:

For the majority of this season, we easily where like. Its not even debatable

I tend to watch every game we play (don’t ask me why!) and I can confidently say that we have been shite for nearly all of the two years under this guy. It changed about three months ago when we stepped it up a bit, but even then, the performances aren’t anything to shout about 

St. Maximin & Wilson coming back from injury as well as the brilliant loan signing of Willock is what made the decent finish possible. Same with improvements in performances from players like Ritchie and Murphy.

Not 100% behind the its all Graeme Jones notion. Could have played a part but to what extent, not sure. Nobody here really knows either.

The rot stopping after he joined didn't last long before we went to being turd again briefly.

Edited by Amir_9

"We’ll never say it’s an achievement to finish 12th for a club of our stature but it’s an achievement. I hope the people who have written us off, they’ll eat humble pie and give us some credit."

Edited by Pons Alias

Just now, Pons Alias said:

"“We’ll never say it’s an achievement to finish 12th for a club of our stature but it’s an achievement. I hope the people who have written us off, they’ll eat humble pie and give us some credit."

Are you serious. 

In case anyone is interested.  We were safe by 1 point (29) on 03-05 April 2021 having played 30 games with 8 left, naturally.  Would've been much sooner if we didn't have to tolerate that '2 wins from 19' patch Bruce so kindly gave us.

Edited by Divun Naa

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Are you serious. 

Yes

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce speaking to Match of the Day: “We made hard work of the second half but we defended well. There were a lot of tired bodies but I’m delighted with the way we have finished the season. 

"When we really needed the results, the players and the staff have worked tirelessly to turn it round.

“We’ll never say it’s an achievement to finish 12th for a club of our stature but it’s an achievement. I hope the people who have written us off, they’ll eat humble pie and give us some credit.

On the possibility of keeping Joe Willock: “I couldn’t be more pleased for him. He’s done so well. We’ll try our utmost to keep him but we must respect that he’s Arsenal’s player."

Moron. Firstly for the fucking hilarious contradiction within the sentence (something he's class at, btw, see "I can take criticism/the criticism is unfair") - but what fucking difference does it make coming 12th with 45 points compared to finishing 16th with 41? What exactly is the achievement here? 

Thick small-time patsy fucker. 

Since before the games started we could have still finished 17th does the 12th position mean we (or Ashley I should say) get an extra 10 million prize money, difference between 17th and 12th? Not looked at the money for each position in the league so not sure 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Since before the games started we could have still finished 17th does the 12th position mean we (or Ashley I should say) get an extra 10 million prize money, difference between 17th and 12th? Not looked at the money for each position in the league so not sure 

£2.5m more isn’t it?