Is the term ‘gammon’, racist?

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Think it should be used as a last resort  if they throw insults and derail a debate then why not bring it out the bag?

When they go low you go high.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I mean they're absolutely the people to still order a 'C-Ds' from the Chinese takeaway. Or refer to the corner shop as the 'P' shop. 

Or refer to the cinema as 'the pictures'

11 hours ago, OpenC said:

It's just a way to try and simplify something which isn't simple. Relying on that sort of generalisation goes a long way toward explaining why (some) people get so bewildered that the country/world appears to be so contrary to their own politics (IMO).

Must be tough for them seeing their party and cause win every time for the last 20 years.

Don’t pretend you don’t secretly get horny as fuck when one of your own, the Home Secretary, calls out the do-gooders your hard done lads want to see rounded up either. 

According to the MacPherson principle, if they say they feel it's racist it should be investigated as such. Not sure who decides it's racist beyond that mind. 

Anyway, you could take this seriously if they weren't the exact demographic that still use terms like darkie or whatever. Get fucked, you snowflakes. I hope it feels really racist and hurtful, you precious cunts. You might just get a taste of the life minorities live daily, forever. 

Some interesting thoughts here. :thup: I had in the last few days thought of tempering my use of 'gammon', but I'm not so sure now. I don't just consider it to be men of a certain age and look, but all of those who in particular hate anything that they don't consider to be english, by it immigrants,  BAME or Gay/Lesbian/Trans. You know what? Fuck them. They are so far down the hate rabbit hole, that they can't be reached or reasoned with, IMO.