Copa America

Wullie

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Commentary aside, I find the bare-bones coverage refreshing. Feed-coverage from the home broadcaster, no studio, analysis. Match, match stats over the live feed images (pre pandemic) with camera panning sections of the stadium in the background - reminds me of how I took in Eurosport during some tournaments in the 90s and how superfluous punditry seems. Works without it at a live match and it makes taking in televised matches feel like a more lived in experience. Especially since BBC/ITV don't go into any Andy Gray style depth anyway. Fills the gap to the next half-hour regularly scheduled programming and is a bit of leech industry to me.

On the other hand Eilidh Barbour.

That's what it would be like watching PL games that weren't the 'main games' e.g. the ones you could stream on NBC Sports Network but weren't on the main channel. Feel like they all have studio coverage now though, at least in the US.

Saw a close up of my dad on it at half time once and he'd have never known if I hadn't seen.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Sounds like the BBC have got some fucking intern doing the comms [emoji38]

Edit: but I think he's brilliant. Sounds like a proper football nerd.

Edited by toon25

Caught the highlights of Argentina, Messi absolutely ran the show. This is probably his last chance to win an international tournament pretty much single-handedly. Can’t see it happening though 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Caught the highlights of Argentina, Messi absolutely ran the show. This is probably his last chance to win an international tournament pretty much single-handedly. Can’t see it happening though 

Don’t think they will beat Brazil tbh 

16 hours ago, toon25 said:

Sounds like the BBC have got some fucking intern doing the comms [emoji38]

Edit: but I think he's brilliant. Sounds like a proper football nerd.

It’s not Sam Kelly is it? If so, he is. Used to listen to his Argieball podcast a few years ago.

Suffered through most of the game last night, was largely shite.

57 minutes ago, Disco said:

It’s not Sam Kelly is it? If so, he is. Used to listen to his Argieball podcast a few years ago.

Suffered through most of the game last night, was largely shite.

That was him, aye. Will check out that podcast. Made such a change to have a properly knowledgeable commentator that wasn't full of shite clichés.

10 minutes ago, Collage said:

Why? :lol: They’ve previously been in the Asian Cup. Were they supposed to leave for the Copa America?

There are generally "guest" teams in the Copa America to bring the numbers up to 12

This is the first time since 1991 that Copa America doesn't have "guest" teams.  The "guest" teams usually come from Conmebol or AFC. I believe Mexico is the most invited "guest" team to play in Copa America.