Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Two moments of quality from him win the game.

Buzzing for him tbh, another one of who gets an untold amount of jip because he's not the second coming of Kevin de Bruyne crossed with Ashley Cole. 

He was class all game like, never stopped running and has the quality to cause anyone trouble (especially Emil fucking Krafth) 

44 minutes ago, Flip said:

Wow. I'm sorry. Football has gone to shit. Never a red card. What is he supposed to do? Cut his leg after kicking the ball? 

Watching it live time, you’d applaud the tackle, as he wins the ball.

VAR, slow motion, and freeze frame makes it look a red.

52 minutes ago, Flip said:

Wow. I'm sorry. Football has gone to shit. Never a red card. What is he supposed to do? Cut his leg after kicking the ball? 

Agreed. Reminded me of when Neymar did Zuniga at 2014. A sickening challenge but couldn't be helped. Thankfully the Colombian was OK.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, Smal said:

Still can’t tell if people are joking or not when saying it wasn’t a red :lol:

What do you expect going into a 50-50 with your studs at 90 degrees, knee height? 

It's a red card in todays game. 

1 hour ago, Smal said:

What do you expect going into a 50-50 with your studs at 90 degrees, knee height? 

Have this conversation weekly with my Leeds supporting mate. He still gets angry that Cooper was sent off for his challenge on Jesus (even though Leeds ended up winning, he can't let it go). Personally I feel it was a clear red, as was last night, as it's a dangerous challenge, irregardless of whether they got the ball or not. He just can't accept it. 

Obviously people have different views on things, but by the written laws of the game it's a red card. No idea why the stretcher didn't come on though.

Edited by Shearergol

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Have this conversation weekly with my Leeds supporting mate. He still gets angry that Cooper was sent off for his challenge on Jesus (even though Leeds ended up winning, he can't let it go). Personally I feel it was a clear red, as was last night, as it's a dangerous challenge, irregardless of whether they got the ball or not. He just can't accept it. 

Obviously people have different views on things, but by the written laws of the game it's a red card. No idea why the stretcher didn't come on though.

It's one of those, where I can see both viewpoints. I thought red but my mate I was watching with said no red.

2 hours ago, Smal said:

But that was only after he had won the ball, his initial challenge before kicking the ball didn't look that bad from memory. Once the ball was cleared and just before contact, his foot was in a dangerous position but how can you change that in a millisecond? It honestly seemed to me a case of wrong place wrong time, no malice intended. On the slow motion reply it looks horrible but most challenges do, in real time I can't see another way he could have won the ball. 

8 hours ago, Smal said:

Well, he doesn't fly into a tackle. He actually kicks the ball from below and his studs get stuck accidently on to the meeting player.  If we're going by the principle of how bad it looks, then the knee to Marcus Berg head should also result in a red. At this point football is just turning stupid.  If Danielson went wreckless into a challenge with his studs up and then hits the player, then yes. But here he kicks the ball away, studs not showing until after the swinging motion. 

It's never a red for me. Purely on the basis that it's not a 50/50 challenge. Danielson got there ages before the Ukrainian. What was he meant to do? If it's a 50/50 challenge yes it's a stonewall red card. He's just kicking the ball, it's not even a tackle and no malicious intent. Shit luck the Ukrainian went for it and had to eat his studs.