Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

Shouldn't be scared of a German side with no forward and a mess of a defence. Reckon we'll see Saka on the right again to combat Gosens, we can hurt these on the counter though.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Bizza said:

I feel confident we can get past them.

I make us favourites but I wouldn't be complacent either.

Could they not do an open draw at last 16 stage to avoid a lot of the mess.

6 group winners and best 2 runners up top seeds.

Next 4 runners up and the 4 3rd placers as bottom seeds.

Logistically might be awkward for fans but nobody can really plan anything anyway the way it is now. Make it a couple of days longer break between group stages and last 16. Would definitely work next time with it being all in Germany anyway.

Edited by ponsaelius

Guest neesy111
Just now, ponsaelius said:

Could they not do an open draw at last 16 stage to avoid a lot of the mess.

6 group winners and best 2 runners up top seeds.

Next 4 runners up and the 4 3rd placers as bottom seeds.

Logistically might be awkward for fans but nobody can really plan anything anyway the way it is now. Make it a couple of days longer break between group stages and last 16. 

Could've just kept it as a 16 team tournament....

Maybe but the cat is out of the bag now. I don't mind the extra teams to be honest, I think there's enough depth in Europe to justify it and still be entertaining - it's more the problems it causes for the format.

Belgium/Portugal and England/Germany are very big games for a last 16. Wales/Denmark is evenly matched, Croatia/Spain is intriguing. Very good draw. Rattled we have 2 days off thr footy but loving 5pm and 8pm kick offs Sat to Tue. 

1 minute ago, Foluwashola said:

Group stages have actually been surprisingly entertaining given the farce of a format.

Some tasty ties in the last 16. And Sweden v Ukraine.

eh you know England vs Germany is going to stink the place out too 

6 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

100% he'll go back 5 against theirs. Kane and Sterling up top. Rice, Phillips, Mount/Henderson in the middle.

This is worrying as I think you’re right. I think our best hopes against Germany are to move the ball quicker but that side would build extremely slowly 

1 minute ago, Foluwashola said:

Group stages have actually been surprisingly entertaining given the farce of a format.

Some tasty ties in the last 16. And Sweden v Ukraine.

Was absolutely sure Ukraine had gone out the other day with 3 points and a minus goal difference. Hilarious that they've somehow snuck through - and not only that but ended up with favourable opposition.

In fact Austria beat them and have been rewarded with a game against Italy. [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

England - Germany at 5pm and Sweden - Ukraine at 8 is criminal.

Especially if you work in an English pub in Sweden when the covid rules forces you to stop serving at 9 and have everyone out by 9.30. Rules that are subject to change two days later as well, just to rub it in a bit more. 

I'm already hyped for this Germany match, like. The country is going to go beserk over the next week - sometimes good, sometimes bad (Gattuso).

England, Germany, Wembley. Southgate redemption. Bring it on.