Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

43 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s twice the player Sterling is, and I rate Sterling.

Just seems so strange that one of the best players in the world has been given only 10 minutes in this competition. Madness by Southgate, it really is.

Sterling is our only goalscorer so far to be fair so there's little chance of him being dropped. 

Dortmund have a pretty fluid front three and I think Sancho actually looks a lot better coming in of the left like he did a lot last season. He's never really looked the same player for England with Southgate restricting him to a more rigid right hand side role. 

10 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Wales/Denmark is an interesting first game. Denmark slights favourites but can't believe Wales are 4/1. Seems very generous to me. Could defo see Wales hit them on the break a few times and win 2-1.

Denmark are vastly superior to Wales, to be fair. Also Danish fans will be in the stadium but Welsh fans won't, even if it's held in Holland.

Denmark are more solid all over the pitch but Wales have more star quality in the attacking third if they turn up. 

Definitely make Denmark favourites with the borderline home advantage but agree 4-1 is good odds for an upset 

Edited by ponsaelius

15 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Denmark are vastly superior to Wales, to be fair. Also Danish fans will be in the stadium but Welsh fans won't, even if it's held in Holland.

I don't think Denmark are vastly superior to Wales. Better side? Yes. But Wales can hurt them on the counter. Denmark should be favourites but wouldn't be surprised if Wales go through.

Christ I can’t stand Wales, build ups genuinely make me angry.

I know it’s petty as fuck but they were actively celebrating us being knocked out in 16 and most of them want us out this tournament and don’t give a fuck about us, so I hate this expectancy that we should support them because they’re a home nation

3 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I think I might be the only one on here routing rooting for Wales :lol: 

I just don't connect with Denmark. Sorry, Danes.

As a Norwegian, I am bred to hate Denmark when it comes to sports. Doesn't mean I'm blind however, they'll go through easily and do their interviews talking like they got potatos stuck in their throat forever more as us mountain monkeys look onwards and hate life.