QF1: Switzerland 1-1 Spain (Spain win 3-1 on pens)

Disco

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Never. A booking aye. Strsight red no chance in hell

I don't know, maybe, but he went studs up, with force into the player, paying with fire doing that :undecided:

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Does it not make more sense to give him a yellow, then have VAR review for red??

Totally went with the Spanish players over reaction. I knew he would too. He's a poor referee.

VAR is shite for red cards. The Wales one was total lunacy and didn't get overturned, the Sweden one the other night total bullshit too and that one in a similar category.

Why can't refs err on the side of a yellow and get VAR to check for a red, similar to how the linesman are dead cautious putting their flags up? 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

VAR is shite for red cards. The Wales one was total lunacy and didn't get overturned, the Sweden one the other night total bullshit too and that one in a similar category.

Why can't refs err on the side of a yellow and get VAR to check for a red, similar to how the linesman are dead cautious putting their flags up? 

Good suggestion that. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I thought it was a red tbh, his studs were high, was lucky it was only a glancing contact, could easily have been a very nasty injury.

No