QF4: England 4 (FOWWA) - 0 Ukraine

Disco

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Really enjoyed that. Positive performance so far, do look shaky at the back. 

Think we've defended well tbh. Ukraine finding it very difficult to find any gaps, and they do have some nice little one-twos which could cause problems if the defence goes to sleep.

I think this us the best we've looked going forward all tournament. We've controlled the tempo, pressed high up the pitch and looked dangerous around the Ukraine 18-yard box. The concern is we haven't dealt with the few Ukraine attacks there have been particularly well, there have been a few unforced errors.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I think this us the best we've looked going forward all tournament. We've controlled the tempo, pressed high up the pitch and looked dangerous around the Ukraine 18-yard box. The concern is we haven't dealt with the few Ukraine attacks there have been particularly well, there have been a few unforced errors.

I quite like that we don't spend ages playing tiki taki outside the penalty area and play the ball in faster and more direct. Far more likely to find gaps that way rather than giving defences time to get behind the ball. 

Maguire is invaluable for those headers man. A threat every time those balls come in.

Very professional performance from England so far yet again. Really impressed.