SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

40 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Its a semi final, Matthew. You may never create one of these threads ever again. Show a bit of artistic license, set the scene. Get people excited. I'm cant tell if this is a football batch of a doctors appointment.

the absolute fuck 

Before the quarter-finals, I would have had Denmark as edging it ever so slightly. However, England earned a chunky rest for lots of key players, and generally just have good depth anyway. So I'd back them to make the final now. Be really interesting to see the team selection from Southgate.

Quietly confident of this one, I know I'll be nervous as hell on Wednesday but given how we've just got better as the tournament has gone on, if we continue in the same vane then we'll have too much for Denmark.

Guest neesy111

We should win if we perform but agree with people saying it'll be our hardest game of the tournament.

Tricky one, this. Denmark’s 3-4-3 is quite different to Germany’s and they can easily change to a 4-3-3 at any point with Christensen moving up.

We’ll win though.

Imagine it will be a pretty similar setup to the Ukraine game?  Apart from maybe Saka back in for Sancho, if he is fit?  I prefer Trippier at right back over Walker.  But I don't think Southgate would make that change.  

I can see Saka coming back in because we'll probably need someone with a bit more defensive acumen given Denmark's threat on the wings, particularly from that side. 

The big advantage we have: is we've rested the squad quite well. We've mixed up our teams, no extra time and not too much travel. We have squad depth and very good options on our bench.

It will be a tough game but we're in a good position.

It's probably just irrational English nerves, but I've been dreading this fixture since we progressed into the last eight.

Denmark look unremarkable on paper, but they've found a formula to make themselves really tricky to beat. Coming into the tournament they'd only lost a couple of competitive fixtures in five years, that run included a 0-0 draw and a 1-0 win v England at Wembley. 

They're organised and comfortable with sitting in. Our attack seemed to run out of ideas against these sorts of defensive units in the group stages. They're left hand side of Maehle and Damsgaard could have a field day v Walker, but I think we could well switch to a back three to negate this. That's before we consider the emotion they'll bring into this fixture after what happened to Eriksen.

Then there's the classic English way of doing things. Whether its cricket, rugby or football we never seem to make things easy for ourselves, they're due to put us through the wringer at some point and I think this will be a really close, physical game, that could well go the distance.

Given how well we've managed the tournament and our momentum coming into this, I'm going to say draw full time, England to sneak through in extra time, with plenty of nervous moments along the way.

53 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I can see Saka coming back in because we'll probably need someone with a bit more defensive acumen given Denmark's threat on the wings, particularly from that side. 

Sancho running at their right-footed left-back could get some job. Run at him on his weaker foot and we could expose him.

I've been really impressed with Kasper Hjulmand. Denmark's ability to change systems mid-match and adapt to the opposition has been really impressive.

He could do with giving bacon boy a bell given it takes him 18-months to change formation.

Edited by The Prophet

Angelos Charisteas scored the same amount Kane has so far and scored the winner than clenched the title for the Greeks in 2004, what is this slander of a living cult hero.

Edited by Kaizero