SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I wouldn't go as far as that personally Wullie, that's bleak :lol: I'm just scared, same as the Germany game. Think we can do it but it could so easily go wrong.

Probably sounded a bit overly pessimistic there, I just mean I think it's a bit of a coin toss game and I always expect things to go wrong when it really matters where England are concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Probably sounded a bit overly pessimistic there, I just mean I think it's a bit of a coin toss game and I always expect things to go wrong when it really matters where England/Newcastle are concerned. 

well im with Rio ' ive been super confident since we came out the group and knew the path to the final ' the so called group of death which was going to seal englands fate never even through out a quarter finalist ' the germans spanish and italians have had there worst squads at a finals for many a moon . England are well settled only had a short hop to rome to get over everything has aligned perfect for england ' only england themselves will beat england ' man for man we are superior all over the pitch unfortunately for the danes they lost there best player in kristian eriksen but if eriksen was english and fit he wouldn't be starting for england tonight' i don't see much in the danish side to worry me that much the front 3 are very lightweight and braithwaite couldn't hit a cow's arse with a cricket bat.

Honestly if you told me now that we'd be sitting here in six hours having lost, I'd be very surprised. We're incredibly solid, we'll have a buoyant home crowd behind us, we're comparatively well-rested and have loads of depth. Denmark are a lot better than Ukraine (particularly the Ukraine we faced on Saturday) but I dunno if they're better than Germany. Suppose they have a kicker in that they've got nothing to lose, but we've got a team full of seasoned elite pros who are well-versed in dealing with enormous occasions. 

Very nervous and all the more so now I realise this is on ITV and not the BBC! Ludicrously superstitious I know but can't help it.

Hate England being on ITV exclusively for huge games like this. Roy feckin Keane...No!!!!

Something nagging at me that the fates are aligning for the Danes to win this whole thing in honour of Eriksen.

Plumping for Danes by 2 clear goals: at my most pessimistic.

35 minutes ago, Trewicks tash said:

well im with Rio ' ive been super confident since we came out the group and knew the path to the final ' the so called group of death which was going to seal englands fate never even through out a quarter finalist ' the germans spanish and italians have had there worst squads at a finals for many a moon . England are well settled only had a short hop to rome to get over everything has aligned perfect for england ' only england themselves will beat england ' man for man we are superior all over the pitch unfortunately for the danes they lost there best player in kristian eriksen but if eriksen was english and fit he wouldn't be starting for england tonight' i don't see much in the danish side to worry me that much the front 3 are very lightweight and braithwaite couldn't hit a cow's arse with a cricket bat

I might be overestimating Denmark, but you're definitely underestimating them. Their defence and left hand side are excellent. I also think Poulsen and Dolberg have had good tournaments.

We usually start quickly, but I think an early goal could be key tonight. If we don't give them a chance to settle and they're made to chase they'll be open to the counter.

If we don't it could be a long evening. 

Edited by The Prophet