SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

Morning after the night before. And it's class seeing the bitterness out there.

Imagine if Newcastle ever won something :aww:

Don't man. It's taken me long enough to come to terms with the fact that we never will :lol:

1 hour ago, buzza said:

I thought Pickford was really nervous all night and transmitted this to the defence. i really wish he would calm down and play the short passes as his kicks further than 30 yards are awful.

You could see the defense shouting at him all night to cool it... Liability last night...

3 times his short passes went straight to the opposition.

44 minutes ago, Flip said:

@Disco, how proud are you of the danish national anthem being booed, the green laser as well as the ''ole'' chants against 10 men at end of extra time? Thought it was only South Americans who had it in them. 

Booing the anthem ain't for me but I'm all for the other the stuff. As always it must be caveated that it is only ever acceptable when your team is doing it.

11 hours ago, Flip said:

Said it's the worst I've ever witnessed. Haven't witnessed those ten Salah pens though, so I'll take your word for it. :thup: 

:lol: Did you miss Thiago Silva's handball against Peru? If it wasn't a handball, it was a corner kick, but a goal kick was given.  :thup:

I feel like my muscles ache today. 

Trying to think of the last time I was that tense watching a game and I think it was probably Newcastle vs Man Utd in the first season back up under Rafa; either that or that tight Derby County game in February of the Championship season (another Ritchie winner), where it was starting to look like promotion could go either way. So it's four or five years since truly having experienced that sort of prolonged agony. :lol: 

In an England sense we're probably talking 2004/2006 sorta time. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Sergio said:

:lol: Did you miss Thiago Silva's handball against Peru? If it wasn't a handball, it was a corner kick, but a goal kick was given.  :thup:

Get to fuck :lol: That is never a penalty in a million years, and don't think VAR can go in and give a corner tbh. If the ref had given a penalty there you could as well just force players.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

here is one

That's an extremely weak penalty and should've been overturned. However, Sterlings is for me far worse. Looking forward to the other 9, more stories about the bird you've got on friday and you're scouting job as well :thup:

I think after the refs have had a solid tournament, last night has to be one of the worst performances of the lot. He didn't seem biased, he was just useless.

Off the top of my head, there was the bizarre Maguire booking, letting Delany off with countless fouls, totally missing the Kane penalty incident and then the penalty incident itself.

You can't compare PL VAR decisions to anything, everyone in the world knows they are fucking garbage. Disappointed to see that decision from a cultured continental reffing team.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think after the refs have had a solid tournament, last night has to be one of the worst performances of the lot. He didn't seem biased, he was just useless.

Off the top of my head, there was the bizarre Maguire booking, letting Delany off with countless fouls, totally missing the Kane penalty incident and then the penalty incident itself.

Kane fouled in the buildup, can't give a penalty after that ffs.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It's 'your' btw. If you ever want basic English lessons, hit me up dude, I've also got a degree, and I'm always down to help the less fortunate in life.

:lol: That is my bad, happens to the best of us while typing.

That being said, I'm quite confused as to the second part of your post. I probably wouldn't go around boasting about some degree that renders one unemployed while also calling someone less fortunate without an actual idea of whom that person is. 

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I haven't seen enough appreciation for Kane's ball through for Saka before the first goal. One of the best passes of the tournament.

:thup: Kane has really developed as a player the past 18 months. Still a lethal goalscorer, but his partnership with Son this season was a joy to watch. Falling deep and playing thos types of balls all season long. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

I'm sure it does, I dunno if you noticed but a pandemic happened, also caring for your mother with dementia for 2 years during a pandemic, only recently putting her into a care home, will make transitioning back to full time employment a hard process.  But hey im pretty happy, I made good money trading,  I have a great job scouting with some awesome people. If you wanna come at me personally, expect it back. I'll leave it at that before I say something I regret. :)

Sorry to hear that and well done. it's extremely important we take care of our parents when they need. :clap:(I am being completely serious here)  However, I didn't come at you personally, you made those remarks yesterday out of nothing regarding some bird and scouting job, which was completely irrelevant to the thread so thought it was funny to repeat it. 

25 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I don't think he was bias, just shit. The Maguire one made no sense to me whatsover.

Shouldn't that be biased? And and??

17 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I haven't seen enough appreciation for Kane's ball through for Saka before the first goal. One of the best passes of the tournament.

His uptick in form since going down injured in the Germany game has been amazing. Was superb last night.