UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

Unbelievable start and pretty solid since then. Hope Southgate is calming them down a bit, the defending is unnecessarily desperate at times and these lot look vulnerable when we show composure on the ball. Come on. 

Very surprised how calm and comfortable we've been on the ball. Some lovely confident possession and some little jinks away and around Italy tackles. Need to test their keeper more, but the overall system looks very relaxed. Couldn't ask for a better start from us. I hope we keep it up, but also use the talent on the bench to freshen things up and give Italy different problems later in the game.

Edited by hakka

We’re fairly comfortable but with increasingly less ambition. If Italy score we’re going to find it very difficult to pick the pace up again.

We have to make Italy feel we still carry a threat.

Edited by Tsunami

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We are far too defensive, we are surrendering possession too easily, get Grealish or Saka on, Sterling isn’t in the game, we are strong defensively granted, but we are dropping off too much for me and they will get a chance/score if we carry on like that.

Honestly think the last thing this needs is Grealish on. 

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It was, but if we go after them, they look so vulnerable to our attack. Just relax, keep the ball, make openings and we will pick them off, don’t invite them on to an equaliser because this is Italy, do that and give them more chances and they will punish us, this game is there for the taking man ffs! Comfortable half at both ends aye, but if we attack more, we will smash them IMO!

I mean, if we keep doing this we win 1-0..this is like a Rafa performance so far, love it.