UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can you imagine having him go up next in that situation man :lol:

Can they not change the order in that situation? Man, so unfortunate.

England really should have won this in the first half before Italy had a chance to adjust to their starting tactic, but they sat on that one goal lead, and just weren't brave enough when Italy looked shaky.

This is spot on. We didn't deserve to win tonight which softens the blow slightly. Still devo'ed though. 

Was a typical England performance in a big game, unfortunately. Dominated early then gave into fear and fucked it. 

3 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

I will point at Rashford, he's usually fairly decent on pens for man u and then he pulls that shite out for this? And missed! Saka and Sanchos were saved, fair enough shit happens but he missed and there is no excuse for missing 

He hit the post and sent the keeper the wrong way. He was inches from the perfect penalty.

I guess the first rule is to hit the target but Saka and Sancho penalties were worse for me

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Southgate just got outcoached, really. Mancini changed it and we didn't even react. Can't sit on a one nil against fucking Italy.

We were desperate for changes at HT and they just didn't happen.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Not final game related, but what a great tournament it has been. Europe needed that after a miserable year and a half of pandemic

Yeah think it might be favourite international tournament since France '98.

Final was tense, but a bit pap too - unworthy of what came before it.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Southgate has done well overall but he is overly negative considering the squad you have and had no response to Mancini’s changes. 

Harsh but he’s just another PFM hoping for a bit of magic that can talk well outside WW2.

Really like Southgate a lot. Just a top guy, but ... he had t win it to justify the approach he has gone with throughout.

Mainly because I don't believe any of these teams could have lived with an attack featuring more of the likes of Grealish, Sancho, Foden, Bellingham etc.

It sucks man. He's done well, but it still feels like he didn't get it right on the whole. So much ability on the bench for this team man. Crazy.

Just now, buzz said:

The stuttering run ups never seem to work. Donnarumma saw right through him.

Rashford? Donnarumma went in completely the wrong direction. I actually thought Rashford had nailed it, he ended up giving himself most of the goal to aim at. Then he fucked it.

1 minute ago, jotenko said:

Just football. I don't think England did nothing wrong/much different from what they've been doing before. Defensive football puts you closer to lose than win. Wins like the Portuguese in 2016 or Greece in 2004 take an insane amount of luck to happen.

Just our style will lead to very close games against good teams. We won’t score many, they have more chance of breaking us down eventually. It’s much more of a risk against a team like Italy. 

2 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

half time, Italy came out a different team second half and Southgate was slow to respond

It was well before half time mate , 

Just now, leffe186 said:

Rashford? Donnarumma went in completely the wrong direction. I actually thought Rashford had nailed it, he ended up giving himself most of the goal to aim at. Then he fucked it.

Must be mixing it up :lol: thanks for the correction. Still against the stuttering on principle, just seems so prone to make nerves worse

Have to question what Rashford was thinking though. The bizarre straight run up and then the stuttering. Looked nervous as fuck and Donurrama was probably laughing his bollocks off when he saw those shenanigans as he'd be thinking "this guy doesn't know what he's doing".

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Really like Southgate a lot. Just a top guy, but ... he had t win it to justify the approach he has gone with throughout.

Mainly because I don't believe any of these teams could have lived with an attack featuring more of the likes of Grealish, Sancho, Foden, Bellingham etc.

It sucks man. He's done well, but it still feels like he didn't get it right on the whole. So much ability on the bench for this team man. Crazy.

After two mins you couldn't question his team selection.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It was also a little strange to latch onto Saka as the one he was going to use. 

I think even persevering with Kane was questionable, especially in a game like this where we couldn’t get the ball to him. 

Just now, jdckelly said:

hell of a job by Mancini mind, from not even qualifying for the world cup to euros champion in a few years and will be one of the favourites for the world cup 

Too right. Honestly never rated what he did at Man City because it was blank cheque book stuff

but that's an average Italy team

Was my favourite player as a kid,

so absolutely love that guy now.

Just now, Keefaz said:

Think Sterling should've come off or swapped over at half time. Defenders had him sussed and ref was giving him nowt.

Yeah, he was gassed towards the end too. Saka was dangerous but made some poor choices. Wish Foden had been available.

Just now, ScottishMagpie said:

What's the deal with them taking their.medals off straight away?  Is that a "done" thing with losing finalists?  Being a nufc fan i dont see many medal ceremonies.

Its just trying to show how much of an amazing competitor you are by saying second is meaningless. It’s very silly. 

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Have to question what Rashford was thinking though. The bizarre straight run up and then the stuttering. Looked nervous as fuck and Donurrama was probably laughing his bollocks off when he saw those shenanigans as he'd be thinking "this guy doesn't know what he's doing".

He was inches away from a great penalty. 

Not many send donarumma the wrong way