UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm more amused at the fact that you are in any way surprised about this :lol:

Do you understand that as long as the internet is a thing this is never not going to be a thing?

Why anyone continues to take these people seriously I'll never know.

Social media has become one of the great cancers of society.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

"Your home" says man whose location is given as London.

I'm not condoning domestic violence, but pipe down with your bullshit suggestion it's only football fans who commit such offences and that you - as an Englishman or at least a resident of this fucking country - are above the issue.

Theatre director has a swipe at football fans. I for one am fucking shocked.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Blummin gutted and moreso cos I think we got it wrong on several counts tonight, typically for the first time in the tournament. Despite my love for this team it does leave a bit of a sour taste. I'd have rather been battered than just given it away like it feels like we did tonight. 

@Interpolic summed it up well.

Ah well. They've given us a hell of a summer and I'll always be very grateful for that. 

Feel the same, they’ve done brilliantly but it’s such a missed opportunity. And so hard to understand why he wouldn’t go out to exploit Italy’s weaknesses more tonight. 

southgate really needs calling out for this debacle after the dust settles a little.

we got lucky in the semi - but he didnt learn his lesson.

so fucking cautious.

mount kane and sterling were out on their feet early in the second half.

italy would have shit themselves if we'd brought some pace on then and really went for it.

.... and ffs - using subs to try to win a shoot-out rather than using them to try to win it in open play.

he's fucking ridiculous.

keep using these tactics we are going to win fuck all.

we lost anyway - would rather half lost having a real go rather than the cowards route of trying to se it through to pels.

Edited by huss9

Have to agree with whoever said that England got so far in the tournament through having so much talent, rather than because of the manager.

Pardew in 2012 springs to mind.

Edited by Danh1

Just now, neesy111 said:

Similarities with the Croatia semi final are huge.  

yup - players dead on their feet in the second half and he couldnt bring  himself to make any positive changes.

honestly think even Bruce would have done a better job.

Thought Mount offered little all game. Grealish came on too late and didn't get chance to shine. Saka was poor which was a shame. Henderson sub didn't make sense. Thought Rashford and Sancho had to come on start of extra time. Expecting them to take penalties when they've barely been on the pitch for a minute or so seemed odd.

The planet soft cunt penalities has to stop from us. If you have to do a silly run and hit it weak to one side and not in the corner, then don't bother taking one. Thunder bastards only to the corner or down middle.

I'm gutted and think that game was mismanaged. It was there to be won with the right substitutions. Feels like a missed opportunity considering the early goal. 

However I also think Italy are worthy winners of the tournament. Came through the harder side of the draw and edged the final overall IMO. Quite a few players in their squad that I'm pleased for.

Overall it's been a great tournament that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Cannot be fucked with the return of club football. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Have to agree with whoever said that England got so far in the tournament through having so much talent, rather than because of the manager.

Pardew in 2012 springs to mind.

Extremely harsh. We've had an abundance of talent at tournament's gone by and achieved nothing like what we have this summer. Some of his most vital work has been away from the matches, granted, but he's a massive reason for why we got to the final. 

Just now, Menace said:

Southgate's fucking awful tactically isnt he

I don’t think he is normally.

But tonight he had a shocker. Wrong subs at the wrong times.

We also sat back k from halfway through the first half but I’m not sure if that was him or the players who choked. 

What Southgate has shown is that consistency and continuity  from U-21 to the first team pays off - massively. That's always been something we've been shite at - the U-21s have only ever been an afterthought. If the FA learn anything, let it be that.

Edited by Pons Alias

Him and Kane were both shite this tournament, neither will get any stick.

Incredible Italy won it. Immobile basically done fuck all, all tournament. Chiellini is different gravy though.

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Social media has become one of the great cancers of society.

It's just shone a light on how far removed everyone is from believing in any kind of decency nowadays. It's only going to get worse too.

From a football standpoint I do wonder if the younger generations will start opting to play for their other nations more at some point. Probably not as glamorous a prospect, but at the very least they would be so much more appreciated and revered.

Can't even imagine the team Jamaica would be able to put together if all these boys chose them ahead of England.