UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

Seems like they all just got carried away. Can't say there was any trouble at all when I was there for Germany game. 4 Irish lads wearing Germany tops too. Only one fella had an issue and everyone else had the craic. :lol:

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Such a thoroughly depressing read. Some of those videos were straight up disturbing; I'd only seen snippets of them beforehand. The absolute worst of our country. Heads should role for the shambolic (lack of any meaningful) perimeter organisation as well. 

I hope that old white bloke in the shit checkered shirt got his comeuppance somewhere along the evening though. What a cowardly prick, punching that young lad as he tried to flee. 

Dunno why anyone would be surprised that some players wouldn't particularly want to wear, touch, look at, a runners up medal minutes after they've lost the biggest game of their careers.

It feels to me that within English football culture, we are always dancing around the edges of what happened at Wembley.  I don't know if something needs to fundamentally change or not (or could even be changed), as no doubt lots of people don't see see any issue with getting absolutely battered before a game and simply regard it as part of the fan experience.  And I totally accept that a football ground shouldn't need to be a sanitised safe space and the edge that comes with fervent support is a massive part of football.

27 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

It feels to me that within English football culture, we are always dancing around the edges of what happened at Wembley.  I don't know if something needs to fundamentally change or not (or could even be changed), as no doubt lots of people don't see see any issue with getting absolutely battered before a game and simply regard it as part of the fan experience.  And I totally accept that a football ground shouldn't need to be a sanitised safe space and the edge that comes with fervent support is a massive part of football.

I've not been to an away game since 2014 but from what I've read on here and heard from other people, there's been a massively increased use of drugs (particularly cocaine) being used openly in the last few years and this has contributed to a much more unpleasant atmosphere before games.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Cocaine use is not something that is exclusive to football culture. I know plenty of people where it's a regular and normal part of any night out or event they attend. 

It's routine in the financial services across the country.

It's just a change in youth culture/attitudes which is no different to other changes in times gone by IMO. Football culture has always had a crossover with music and drugs culture - all driven by the yoot.