UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

Well, goals change games! And England have been by far the better side since the super early goal.

Italy look understandably petrified to get forward in numbers after turnovers in possession. England have looked physically dominant, and lethal on the counter. Got into dangerous areas a fair bit, exposed open space behind the Italian fullbacks. A little unlucky to be only 1 up in a way.

Chiesa chance and the Stones block aren't exactly a blueprint for sustained pressure. Southgate's tactics have been spot on. Mancini/Italy look absolutely snookered and need to make a change. 

England are getting back in numbers so fast. So impressive. COMFY!

Guest HTT II

We are far too defensive, we are surrendering possession too easily, get Grealish or Saka on, Sterling isn’t in the game, we are strong defensively granted, but we are dropping off too much for me and they will get a chance/score if we carry on like that.

5 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Pickford hasn't done nowt wrong, I just think he's a mistake waiting to happen, hope I'm wrong of course.

I feel this about Maguire. That corner he gave away at the start :scared:

Don't want to tempt fate but we're a fucking good team, like. Italy have had a lot of possession and are slowly but surely getting closer to the goal, but I'd fancy us to score next. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Decent that. Seems England are happy to sit in and hit them on the break. We were deep, but Italy didn't create a chance of note. Rice has been outstanding.

Italy didn’t create because England were deep. Very good defending, and it was expected that Italy will keep the ball more. No high pressing from England

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Well, we are winning, we made them shoot from long range 

Excellent half from us.

It was, but if we go after them, they look so vulnerable to our attack. Just relax, keep the ball, make openings and we will pick them off, don’t invite them on to an equaliser because this is Italy, do that and give them more chances and they will punish us, this game is there for the taking man ffs! Comfortable half at both ends aye, but if we attack more, we will smash them IMO!