UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

It's Mount who wasn't making the third man in the middle or stopping the passing lanes to/from Delaney and Hojbjerg that was more of an issue than Rice or Phillips for me. Wonder if they'll try go man to man when possible from restarts with him on Jorginho a bit like Spain did.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

It's Mount who wasn't making the third man in the middle or stopping the passing lanes to/from Delaney and Hojbjerg that was more of an issue than Rice or Phillips for me. Wonder if they'll try go man to man when possible from restarts with him on Jorginho a bit like Spain did.

Interesting to see who marks out Verratti. Philipps or Mount both? Biggest worry. Spain did this very well.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I'm worried about how bad Kane's pen was under pressure, if it goes to pens. It was okay because we scored, but it was a horrific penalty.

The badness of the pen helped us as Kasper actually dived past the ball and it allowed the rebound.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, jotenko said:

I hope England wins so you guys have the pleasure of seeing your club/country actually winning a trophy and celebrate it for days to come.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I'm worried about how bad Kane's pen was under pressure, if it goes to pens. It was okay because we scored, but it was a horrific penalty.

Almost seemed like he knew Kasper would know his normal routine, and tried something he wouldn’t normally do. Thankfully he got away with it. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think someone’s made a mistake, the title says England are in the final of the European Football Championships. 

Makkelie and his crew. :bluestar:

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, jotenko said:

I hope England wins so you guys have the pleasure of seeing your club/country actually winning a trophy and celebrate it for days to come.

It's a weird one for me, I'm looking forward to it, but its muted.

I still love watching football, this tournament has been a joy, but I've never had the same emotional attachment to England as I did to NUFC. I obviously want both to do well, but I can't say it'll bother me if they don't.

I think Ashley, the corruption, and the vulgar amounts of cash on display have contributed to a gradual emotional detachment from anything connected to football.

I say that now, knowing full well I could be a bag of nerves on Sunday. I hope so anyway :lol:

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Almost seemed like he knew Kasper would know his normal routine, and tried something he wouldn’t normally do. Thankfully he got away with it. 

Don't think so when he's normal routine is unsaveable. 

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's a weird one for me, I'm looking forward to it, but its muted.

I still love watching football, this tournament has been a joy, but I've never had the same emotional attachment to England as I did to NUFC. I obviously want both to do well, but I can't say it'll bother me if they don't.

I think Ashley, the corruption, and the vulgar amounts of cash on display have contributed to a gradual emotional detachment from anything connected to football.

I say that now, knowing full well I could be a bag of nerves on Sunday. I hope so anyway :lol:

Definitely noticeable during my few days down South, that southerners are far more into the national side than up us up north.

Pickford

Trippier

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

Phillips

Rice

Sancho

Kane

Sterling

Would be the way I would go. Southgate will have a better idea of fitness, but where possible I'd like to have Henderson back in.

Pretty sure Southgate will pick the same side. That’s fair enough I suppose but Mount has struggled to find space offensively and I’d start Henderson over Rice. Pickford loses his composure far too easily, his place is guaranteed though. If I were Mancini I’d start the mind games on him now in press conferences and have someone clatter him early on. 

I was pretty confident about this before the Denmark game, but I thought there were some really worrying things that we got away with last night. For a start Pickford obviously hasn't got the temperament for big games, the Italians will be all over him. The difference between the keepers could be the decider, because Donnarumma is fantastic. Secondly I thought Rice and Phillips were poor, they repeatedly failed to pick up Denmark's runners and I was thinking that if it was the likes of Chiesa finding that space we're fucked. I would definitely start Henderson in front of Rice. And thirdly Southgate's game management was absolutely shocking, I thought he had frozen and was bottling making any changes. For a long time we were looking at a Denmark side that were dead on their feet but he refused to make changes, and in the end got bailed out by a dodgy penalty.

Think he got a cramp in his hamstring and couldn’t run it off. With a bit luck he pulled it a bit trying to loosen it before coming off. 

England need to work on stopping him and Insigne cutting inside around the box.

I think that's a bit OTT but the constant space Damsgaard and Braithwaite (who I've been really impressed with) found playing as inside fowards is potentially a yuge issue as Chiesa/Insigne/Beradi are more than capable of doing the same to better effect. However the striker dropping deep is less likely to happen.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I was pretty confident about this before the Denmark game, but I thought there were some really worrying things that we got away with last night. For a start Pickford obviously hasn't got the temperament for big games, the Italians will be all over him. The difference between the keepers could be the decider, because Donnarumma is fantastic. Secondly I thought Rice and Phillips were poor, they repeatedly failed to pick up Denmark's runners and I was thinking that if it was the likes of Chiesa finding that space we're fucked. I would definitely start Henderson in front of Rice. And thirdly Southgate's game management was absolutely shocking, I thought he had frozen and was bottling making any changes. For a long time we were looking at a Denmark side that were dead on their feet but he refused to make changes, and in the end got bailed out by a dodgy penalty.

All fair. I don't think Rice and Phillips have any synergy at all which is my main concern. It's been very easy for a lot of our opponents to play round them in spells in games because they're 15-20 yards apart. Being compact will be key against Italy. Force them out wide and let them cross if need be.

Edited by ElDiablo